Author Topic: Increase Speed Kymco People S 50cc  (Read 9317 times)

asources

• View Profile
Increase Speed Kymco People S 50cc
« on: June 16, 2011, 06:03:08 PM »
Good day

I have a people s 4T 50CC 2009

I already de-restrict my CDI Box.

What else can i do to increase Top speed  ??

What else can i do to increase speed from starting at a red light ??

... and climbing hills but not looksing on speed ??

without spending 500-1000 $$$

Does changing the pipe give more power ?

Stefan

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Increase Speed Kymco People S 50cc
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 11:28:17 PM »
For better hill climb power fit a stiffer torque spring in the rear pulley. You can buy a pack of 3x comes with a 1000, 1500, 2000, rpm spring. I just got a set last week, fitted the 1000rpm and def felt a difference, extra 5-8mph uphills. Going to try the stiffer 1500 or 2000 rpm in it soon to see how that does, hopefully be even better, once I get it matched in with suitable roller weights.

If you fit a tighter torque spring, in theory, you fit heavier rollers to gain a little more too speed. The torque spring balances out the heavier roller weights by keeping it in a higher gear on the rear pulley longer.

Also stiffer fly springs in the clutch gives better take off speed/acceleration. Again you can buy a pack containing 3x stiffnesses, 1000, 1500,2000 rpm rated. I plan on ordering a pack and trying out 1500 ones with the 2000 torque spring and 7.5g rollers soon. Will either be great or terrible, only one way to find out tho.

You can also fit a race variator too for better acceleration and usually a little more top end.

All of the above are pretty cheap parts and if you fit them yourself it wont cost much to do for some good gains. My agility 50 4t now hits 48mph, even get 52mph on a good day ;D

Hope this helps, oh, and welcome aboard I hope you realised once you start tuning its very hard to stop ;)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

asources

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 03:49:11 PM »
Ok will try this ...

Also ... would it be better to change the pipe ... will i gain something ?? Any pipe to suggest ?

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 03:59:17 PM »
I still run a stock pipe on mine, prob upgrade it when it rusts thro next time just for cosmetic purposes. Think you should get better too speed if you fit a sports exhaust and an open air filter, like a pod type or k&n type filter. leo vince seems to get mentioned a lot on here, or technigas exhausts. I still use my stock air filter too tho just now, im pretty happy with 50mph, I dont want to go mental and run my engine to the limit in case I blow it up ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

asources

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 07:41:37 PM »
What did you do to reach 50mph !!!

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 07:50:07 PM »
It normally sits showing 48mph on the clock most days, gets up to 50 down slopes, hits 52 down bigger hills ;D

Its just a Agility 50 4stroke, fitted smooth variator boss and race variator with 5.5g rollers, cut my CDI, put in #82 main jet, fitted 1000rpm torque spring.......so far.

Going to try a 1500rpm torque spring with 1500 fly springs and 7.5g rollers hopefully this weekend, hopefully I may get another couple mph at the top end without losing any acceleration or uphill power. Not tried that setup before so its 50/50 if it works, just trial and error.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

asources

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 08:10:25 PM »
Variator Boss ... Im really confused about this one ... some say i dont need to change ( no restriction) And some say it is restricted ...

Stefan
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 10:22:42 PM by asources »

asources

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 08:12:13 PM »
What is the use of #82 Jet ??

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 08:43:42 PM »
Im not sure oyour scooter how the boss comes, you would need to check it or find someone who has the same scooter and ask them if they had to do it. If you have tools to remove the variator you can look yourself? If it looks like a straight tube its a smooth unrestricted boss, if it has a tube/boss with a thicker bit at one end then its restricted so change it. I know some scooter dont have them but liie I say, not sure about yours.

My scooter had a 80 main jet as stock, to run restricted at 31mph. Now it does 48-50mph it needs mire fuel in the carb to cope with these speeds, so you fit a bigger jet, more speed=more fuel. If you dont get enough fuel then your engine will run lean and that means damage to it. Check some threads on "running lean" and you will see. I saw the official Kymco paperwork for derestricting an Agility and they say, smooth boss, cut cdi, and upjet to an 82. Not sure what size your stock jet is but you prob need to upjet if you get more speed. You need to do plug chops and see how your lug looks to guage if its right or not.

I only have 12"wheels on my scooter too, dont know if yours are bigger, that would affect top speed too im sure.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

asources

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 10:14:11 PM »
Where can i get the official paperwork on how to derestrict a people s 50 2009 ?

Also where can i know the kind of jet that i have

Stefan
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 10:22:58 PM by asources »

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 10:22:45 PM »
Not sure, I only saw it when I went to a dealers to buy the 82 jet and got talking to the guy on the desk, he showed me the sheet.

If you search "de-restrict people 50" on here there must be someone posted how they did theirs? If you get no luck then you can always post a new topic under general talk or the tech section and you might get more answers there from folk who used to own a people.

There must be a post somewhere on here giving the max speeds achievable on a people 50 too.

Good luck, hope you get there.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

asources

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 11:20:09 PM »
I saw in another post someone talking about Jet #82 and putting a k&n air type filter ... but im really confused about that air type filter ... went on k&n and they have nothing for my people s 50 ...

Also , any suggestion about good variator ? Changing this for a racing type would increase speed ? Acceleration ?

« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 01:36:06 AM by asources »

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 01:37:10 AM »
I think Art was the bloke who had a passion for the People 50, unfortunately, he doesn't seem to be around anymore, quite a loss to the forum. Have a look at some of Art's posts, you should learn a lot from them.
K&N won't list a filter specificaly for your scooter, you will need to measure your carb mouth and the room you have around it to fit a filter in, then using those numbers, go to their website and order a filter that will fit, they are universal fit items.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

ianmac

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 08:15:11 PM »
I got my K&N from tapai scooter assasins along with my #88main jet.
do a google search, prices are good, shipping is included, but takes about 2 weeks to get your items.

Also just realized the reason Im so slow is probably because of the larger 16" wheels I have on my scoot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()