Author Topic: Constant WOT is bad?  (Read 8104 times)

macocoy

• Sting/yup 50 2 stroke(2009)
    • View Profile
Constant WOT is bad?
« on: June 18, 2011, 10:43:49 AM »
I've read somewhere in this forum that running at Wide open throttle constantly will affect life of the engine,if so I may have already shorten the life of my 2 stroke ,hopefully not lol.there's so much hills where I live ,I need to WOT mostly all the time to catch up with the 35 mph speed limit going uphill.besides the oil injection system ,I add about 2 oz more of 2 stroke synthetic oil in gas tank for extra lubrication.
Scooters r big boys toys-
Tecnigas next r,malossi variator,1000 clutch torque spring,Uni open air,

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: Constant WOT is bad?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 11:25:43 AM »
Hey man, i live in the mtns myself and i am surrounded by hills. It never bothered mine running wot. I have to run wot alot to get to town, after my build, i still run wot...alot more and alot faster.... :D
That was stated here?... 2t's are sortof designed for wot operation. I think you'll be ok as long as you broke it in proper,etc......
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 12:19:14 PM »
What about 4t's Batman? I also live in an area with hills so normally keep it WOT all the time, only slow down for other cars, lights or police ;D.

I know some say to vary your throttle but I hate riding slow if I dont need to. Dont want to damage my engine but dont want to ride like a granny either, whats the point in that? Its boring.

My scoot was well broken in, when I got it with 9000km on it, it was still restricted so had never been blasted about. Normally im doing 45-48mph, on the clock, all the way to work, with maybe 3-4 stops at lights etc on the way, around 9miles to work.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 01:27:36 PM »
yeah,,,think so...wot is bad...for all other parts of scoot...

engine with enough oil and proper cooling dont mine a lot....but other part like bearings, dumpers, transmission, etc...

but thats life...
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

macocoy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 12:37:02 AM »
Glad to hear I'm not the only one doing it,lol.4 strokers advantage is the oil circulating in there all the time.
The longest WOT I've driven was about 30min. 26 miles non stop to the next town and back.my sting 50 with the stock cylinder ,carb,tires and suspension seems to be holding together.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 12:59:44 AM »
I ride my AG wot too... gotta 24mile ride to "down town".....I do try not to let her "rev to 10g's" tho of course(that'll be down hill of course. :D). That high of a rev on a oem 4t could be bad, mine seems to stay around the high 8's pretty constant tho
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

macocoy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 04:44:21 AM »
Hey Bat ,thats quite a good collection of bikes you have,I'm thinking of getting a four stroker as back up When I saved up enough,lots of good deal on craigslist for the past month,how's the acceleration on your Agility?

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 01:29:49 PM »
From Batmans avatar, he says its stock?, I cant believe he hasnt tinkered with it at least a little, derestricted? unless he has no time due to his other projects ;D

I ran my A50 stock and unrestricted for about a maybe 2 months, top speed of 30mph is unacceptable, I could not go back to that now. Acceleration without any mods is pretty slow and uphills are slooooooow to say the least. I couldnt put up with buses overtaking me all day. Its fine for pottering around town or in the city if its busy, but on the open road its a bit too slow for me.

Doing a few cheap mods, derestrict, race variator and torque spring helps a lot tho, now I have a perfectly good commuting bike and im fairly happy with it. Dont plan on doing any more major mods to mine cos I want it to last and not blow up on me, besides im happy with how it runs now, for a 50cc is not too bad at all. especially considering its a 4t and its never going to be as torquey as a 2t.

I had a peugeot speedfight 100, 2t, I rebuilt and was going to use, planned selling my A50, but I only got an extra 10-ish mph out of the peugeot and tho it accelerated a bit quicker, and was better uphill, but to be honest the difference didnt merit getting a license etc to ride the 100cc so I sold it and kept my A50. As far as im concerned its a good bike, for what it is anyway.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

macocoy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 03:58:17 AM »
I agree Streido,feels better with the 50s,no need for motorcycle endorsement,and yearly registration fees/insurance.
I would think that your agility will be just fine at constant WOT ,4strokers oil's always circulating in your engine,but Bat has a point going downhill might over rev to 10,000 rpm.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 11:21:57 AM »
Hey guys, sorry about my lateness......
Well, she is mostly stock.... :D
I have installed a malossi 1000 contra, 1000 fly springs
4.5 rollers,deresctricted boss,unresrticted cdi, open air filter and jetting
Yeah, take off is decent for a 4t, not like the others for sure, I run 48-50mph on mine.. Yes, a GREAT city scoot, but like alot of ppl i have a long travel to get anywhere..(24miles to "my" side of town,18 to "downtown") The long rides are ok on it tho, dont get me wrong, but the zx or s9 gets there a hella lot quicker... :D...
I know word has been hitting 53mph on his ag(he traded belts, shaved boss,multivar, he had a carb on it awhile back also, running bigger jets("98")than i

I do love the ag, jus be sure you leave the blue lights off of it... :D got a ticket for mine, dropped to "improper equipment" and charged $166 last tues... :o :'(   >:(fkrs........
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 02:22:10 PM »
I knew it wouldnt be "too" stock, LOL  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 05:11:33 PM »
Drive it like you stole it dude

Over reving is not good. You have to be going pretty fast to over rev on scooters with variable transmissions. I'm thinkin like 65mph plus with the stock gear ratio.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

macocoy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 02:16:39 AM »
How you been Peters,hey man just wanna say thank you for all the help.how your people 50 running?
Hills here where I live(Hawaii) can stretch to miles and miles.I think the longest hills I've climbed was about 6-8 miles,thats offcourse with WOT.
I'm thinking of going to this one town (elevation 3,000 ft)For a cruise.
Might have to adjust carb due to less oxygen.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 11:06:05 AM »
PRobably will have to adjust carb, Lord knows my altitude(2225) comes into play
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 08:11:54 PM »
Doing good macocoy :). My people is running great. As long as I start it at least once a week it starts and runs great. How's your scoot?

I was working out of town for about 2 weeks and when I came back I had some trouble getting it started. I damn near wore myself out trying to kick it. I made the mistake of trying the starter a few times first(Laziness). After like 5 minutes straight of kicking my foot slipped off the kicker and I put a nice lump on my ankle. It really hurt. Frustrated, I gave up and tried again like an hour or two later. Started first kick! :D

I live at about 900ft and while I am somewhat in the foothills of the Smokey Mountains, I doubt I get over 1200ft. So I don't have a lot of elevation change.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:22:58 PM by Peters »
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()