Author Topic: Constant WOT is bad?  (Read 8106 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: Constant WOT is bad?
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2011, 02:44:25 AM »
  :D  yeah, i guess you have a point there.....
I am about scared to wot going down a hill(big,long hill) around here. We have some good ones... :D
I rode one hill that seemed to make my scoots act wierd for the rest of the day, so i am being cautious of them long,steep hills....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2011, 02:56:33 PM »
I notice if im riding wot,doing 45-48mph (on the clock) then start going down a good hill i spped up a little then it almost feels like im rolling fasterthan my engine is pushing me? Feels like my engine is holding me back a sec or 2, then it seems to catch up and goes to 50mph, 52 on a real big hill. Im running 5.5g rollers, race variator, de-restricted, 1000rpm torque, stock exhaust, stock filter (it did this before i fitted the 1000rpm torque anyway, so its nothing to do with that).

Wonder if my rollers are too light for the speed or something? Or is it normal to get this feeling?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2011, 05:32:31 PM »
What kind of scoot do you have? 5.5 seems light but I think it depends what model scoot you have.

You may have developed flat spots on your rollers. I just did a little tuning on my cvt the other day and turned my old rollers were pretty flat on one side.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2011, 06:02:29 PM »
Sounds like you are at the limit of the engines capability.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2011, 06:31:04 PM »
@peters Agility 50. And rollers are ok,pretty new.

@sid, it runs 50-52mph with 7.5g rollers in but accelation is affected. Still waiting for my fly springs to arrive then im trying the 1500 torque with the 7.5gs in it. See if that helps. It just kinda bogs for a sec then speeds up again just now. You may be right tho. Noticed my plug was pretty sooty, guess I need more air in? Was thinking of adapting my stock intake or getting cone filter.

Tyres going on Monday, waiting for fly springs, want to change torque over, still need to replace my footplate and bellypan panels from my crash the other week, and THEN do my air supply. :-\

Does it never end?  ;D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:36:57 PM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
Nope! :)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

macocoy

• Sting/yup 50 2 stroke(2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2011, 01:29:42 AM »
Streido,when u say on the clock ,you mean the reading on your speedometer right?Silly question but wondering.I find it helpful to find out my real speed passing this one street in my area that has one of those radar speed limit that shows my actual speed.gps didn't work for me since it's hard to take a look at the gps while at full speed.
Pumping up tires gave me extra 1-1/2 miles per hour.I noticed air in my tire loses psi in just one day.I don't think I wanna pump everyday though ,.I wonder how's those Michelin tires from provoscooter,maybe less pumping.
Scooters r big boys toys-
Tecnigas next r,malossi variator,1000 clutch torque spring,Uni open air,

macocoy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2011, 04:55:04 AM »
Peters ,how long have you had those rollers,just wanna know how long they last,.You must have a good top end since your bike (people)has larger wheels than most of us here,and I'm pretty sure less vibration with the big tires.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2011, 10:08:24 AM »
Yeah Maccoy, on the scooter gauge. Used gps and the best I had was a top speed of 45mph actual using the 7.5g rollers, 43mph on he 5.5g rollers.

My tyres loses psi quickly too like yours, gettng new bridgestone ML50's fitted tomorrow tho, they may hold air better.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2011, 10:36:57 AM »
Yeah Maccoy, on the scooter gauge. Used gps and the best I had was a top speed of 45mph actual using the 7.5g rollers, 43mph on he 5.5g rollers.

My tyres loses psi quickly too like yours, gettng new bridgestone ML50's fitted tomorrow tho, they may hold air better.

That's valve issue, not tire issue. Change the valves.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2011, 10:49:15 AM »
Axy, Im not changing my tyres cos of that, I find my stock ones are real bad in the wet so im upgrading them for better wet riding. Get the valves done tomorrow at the same time tho.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2011, 01:52:05 AM »
Could be the valves or could be something in the tire(screw, nail, or wire). Ive spent a lot of time on the road and repaired plenty of tires. (Remember a hot tire will read more psi than a cold tire). Use soapy water to find the leak. Run your fingers over suspicious areas and you'll know when you find it. You'll see the bubbles from the soap fill with air. You can check the valve the same way.

I was trying to remember how old my rollers were when I posted my reply. Probably 6 to 8 months and maybe 2 to 3 thousand kms. My rollers are kinda cheap though. I bought one of the kits with a bunch of differently weighted rollers and I dont think they are the best quality. They are more for tuning.
*2001 ZX-50 beater

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 02:44:30 AM »
Big wheels and tires are nice when it comes to handling and stability. Thats about it. Like any production vehicle the gears are tuned to the stock tire size. So in other words a scoot with smaller wheels would have a lower gear like ratio(like 2nd gear on a bicycle). A scoot with big wheels would have a higher gear ratio(like 1st gear on a bicycle) to compensate for the larger tires.

So in other words kymco would tune the gears on a scoot with 16" wheels to run at the same rpms at 30mph as a scoot with 12" wheels at 30mph.

One revolution of a 16" wheel will travel further than one revolution of a 12" wheel.

They compensate for the wheel size with gears in the transmission.
*2001 ZX-50 beater

macocoy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2011, 10:11:58 AM »
I'm guessing you're using really light rollers to compensate the big wheels.I've been seeing more and more kymco people on the road here where I live,I think folks like those bigger tires,gives them the feeling of riding a motorcycle.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2011, 04:02:40 AM »
Bigger wheels make the bike much more stable in the corners. I don't feel like Im riding a motorcycle on my scoot :)
*2001 ZX-50 beater

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()