Author Topic: ok just want to know.  (Read 8319 times)

blue

• View Profile
ok just want to know.
« on: June 19, 2011, 01:11:35 PM »
ok here it gos how many of you scoot riders have done a upgarde on your scoot like a 70 cc kit or bigger.
And it has lasted more then 2 years with no brake down or takeing a lot cash out of your pocket.and how many more repairs did you have to do after it was put it.  ( just trying to prove a point) is it worth it.)

Dale4

• View Profile
Re: ok just want to know.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 01:18:26 PM »
I've done all the usual derestrictions and was close to having the 72cc kit installed,but everything I've read has been negative. I'll learn to enjoy it the way it is.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 01:43:20 PM »
I agree with Dale, I thought myself of doing it but wont bother either now. Reading others who did do it I dont really think its worth it for the small gains. I get 50mph, on the clock, now but think you only get around 60ish with the kit so why bother? Buy a bigger scooter it will work out cheaper in the end prob and last longer.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

hungryrussian

• Kymco Agility 50 "Sonic"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 02:37:02 PM »
i have a 72cc kit installed and i love it.. but if your stock engine is still intact i would 100% say that you should leave it alone and get a multivar and an exhaust it should get close to the same result. i gained a great amount of acceleration and climbing ability with the big bore but very little top end and i still lose speed from wind, slight hills, ect.. it's still a scooter, plus i'm not sure about the reliability as it's only been on for 3000 miles. all in all if my motor hadn't blown i wouldn't have bought the big bore, and i don't think you should either
'08 Agility 50, 72cc BBK, Naraku HS High Speed Variator, some clutch tweaking, UNI filter with homemade cold air setup, Leo Vince Handmade Titan exhaust, lots of random upgrades i'll never be able to remember.. the look on people's faces when i put a knee down through a curve makes it all worthwhile

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 04:07:05 PM »
ok here it gos how many of you scoot riders have done a upgarde on your scoot like a 70 cc kit or bigger.
And it has lasted more then 2 years with no brake down or takeing a lot cash out of your pocket.and how many more repairs did you have to do after it was put it.  ( just trying to prove a point) is it worth it.)

That will also depend on if you buy QUALITY products or some ol' knock off brand stuff. If it's done CORRECTLY, it will last... Doind a build on any scoot is going to kill your pockets, ESPECIALLY if you buy quality stuff, and to think a 4t will need the head,valves, cam also to do a PROPER build. If you just "slap on" a kit, you'll be screwed.. DEFINATELY NOT "plug an play, if nothing else i have learned that...lol

"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 06:20:17 PM »
I'm quite happy with my 72cc kit, it didn't add much top speed (wasn't looking for that anyway) but acceleration is so much better now !

Reliability-wise I decided to "reinstall" the rev limiter in the CDI after driving a while with the CDI cut (conductive glue rules !!) as the advanced timing didn't seem to play well with the higher compression, to my ears at least.

More power will always make your engine wear faster of course, but the kind of traffic in the area where I live and work means that driving a 50cc 4T is no option for me (it is in fact dangerous over here, I've tried it), and the pathetic drivers license laws in the Netherlands (compared to the rest of Europe) would mean that I have to get a full motorcycle license for even a small 125cc scooter, even while I have a drivers license for cars since 1994 (and driving experience with mopeds and scoots since 1986)...

I could buy at least two Agilitys for the price of a motorcycle license, and the thought of being treated like a 17 year old again taking tests and exams makes my stomach turn, so I don't mind giving up a little reliabilty !!

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 06:57:58 PM »
Crazy mono, you can legally go get stoned and visit a prostitute just so long as you dont ride a big bike to get there ;D Doesnt make sense really.

We are similair in Scotland, thats why I ride a 50 :)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 06:59:43 PM »
Similair in prices and bike laws I meant mono, not drug laws ;D Unfortunately.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 07:09:56 PM »
Driving a big bike while being stoned would be very scary, perhaps I should reconsider my priorities in the light of possibilities and do more drugs instead of wanting to ride a bigger bike haha !!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 07:48:33 PM »
I think you took a wrong turn back there somewhere. :)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 03:16:10 AM »
lol I would say stay off the drugs and ride safe.

bmcafee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 06:22:56 AM »
I would like to know why you are making it a personal issue to berate anyone with the ability to make upgrades that you either cant or wont. I understand that it is like anyone engine you can have fun or reliability. If you dont agree with it then dont do it. I just find it funny that you have taken such an interest..... ???

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 09:27:03 AM »

More power will always make your engine wear faster of course, but the kind of traffic in the area where I live and work means that driving a 50cc 4T is no option for me (it is in fact dangerous over here, I've tried it), and the pathetic drivers license laws in the Netherlands (compared to the rest of Europe) would mean that I have to get a full motorcycle license for even a small 125cc scooter, even while I have a drivers license for cars since 1994 (and driving experience with mopeds and scoots since 1986)...

I could buy at least two Agilitys for the price of a motorcycle license, and the thought of being treated like a 17 year old again taking tests and exams makes my stomach turn, so I don't mind giving up a little reliabilty !!

[/quote]

Well, I got my full 'A' licence a month ago :-)   Options were A1,A2 and A(21+ )
No big deal and cost me about 200 eur + 20 eur new plastic drivers licence form in police. Two pages of written test, and practical exam on the road with motorcycle more than 50 cc and with at least 3 gears. And I had 'L' plate for a week on my Downtown 125(self lerning).
It was worth it and feels good. Few days ago I drove my friends yamaha fz 600  :-). By the way, I'm still keeping my agility 50.

Don't know why it's so expensive in NL, but I advise you to get yourself an A licence.   

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 11:26:29 AM »
Well, I got my full 'A' licence a month ago :-)   Options were A1,A2 and A(21+ )
No big deal and cost me about 200 eur + 20 eur new plastic drivers licence form in police. Two pages of written test, and practical exam on the road with motorcycle more than 50 cc and with at least 3 gears. And I had 'L' plate for a week on my Downtown 125(self lerning).
It was worth it and feels good. Few days ago I drove my friends yamaha fz 600  :-). By the way, I'm still keeping my agility 50.

Don't know why it's so expensive in NL, but I advise you to get yourself an A licence.

It's not only more expensive in NL but also more of a hassle, there's no self learning option, written tests are only taken in some towns so most people will have to travel for that, the written tests are required even when you already have another license and they are only valid for a year so you can't take your time, you also have to take two separate exams for bike handling and driving in traffic (so that's at least three exams total, each costing almost as much as your complete license did for you).... There is also no separate license for the 125cc A1 class in NL and no separate driving courses for A1, no driving schools with scoots or bikes for a license for automatic transmission only, you'd need to bring your own scoot, which has to be able to do 120km/h because there is no such thing as an A1 license in NL...

It used to be much simpler a long time ago when I did take some motorcycle lessons at a driving school, but the mess they made out of it nowadays makes me sick, and when something makes me sick it doesn't work for me...

Perhaps this will get better since the EU is trying to get things equal thoughout Europe (planned for 2013 as far as I know), but it wouldn't be the first time that dutch government gives the EU the middle finger and does things their own pathetic way.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:36:24 AM by mono »

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 11:54:43 AM »
Wow man. It seems so complicated there.
I got my A drivers licence very easy compared to NL standards and I'm in non EU country.
It took 20 days in total from signing in for A in driving school to category written in drivers licence.
My goverment in serbia even considering driving 125 cc up to 11 kw with B licence.

In France and Italy I drove 125 scooters without problem on B + 2 years of experience/owning the licence.

Than I guess 70 cc kit and other mods. are good choice in the netherlands.

But, in my country, if police catch me going 50+ on radar, they take off my plates and I need to go to a judge :-(
Although, in some cases it could be tolerated if I'm wearing homologated helmet and have all papers and reg. sticker in order.
And law is changed so I don't need to use bicycle lanes and I can drive passenger on the back.  

« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 12:02:59 PM by woodcutter »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()