Author Topic: funny engine noise? help/advice please  (Read 5153 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: funny engine noise? help/advice please
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 11:40:37 AM »
Now that I have finally seen the picture, that chrome pipe is the EGR pipe (exhaust gas recirculation) that is, if that is what they are still calling it. It feeds some of the exhaust gas back through the engine. I f that is leaking it will sound crap, as you have seen. I don't think it will cause any further damage. You might need to clean out the EGR valve as well, as they block up with carbon.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 02:39:54 PM »
Thanks Sid, still having bother finding a new one in the Uk. Found a dealer/importer in England and emailed him to ask if he can get me one, just waiting for a reply.

Will have another look online again later today to try find one. Went out for a run earlier and it seems ok, still want to re-check my valve clearances again tho when i fit the new pipe, when i eventually find one.

My Mazda3 turbo diesel had a issue with its erg valver, mechanic said they were always blocking up due to carbon and soot. Said they were a good idea in priciple but were a bit of a pain, so he blanked mine off and bypassed it on my Mazda for me, been great since then. I saw mine was quite sooty inside on my scooter when i removed it too.

HungryR, i do keep my engine clean usually, just due its wash and polish agian now. Hard to keep it shiney tho due to our weather here in Scotland and cos i ride it every day to work, thro rain, hail, sun and frost. I Know what you mean tho.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

hungryrussian

• Kymco Agility 50 "Sonic"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 07:48:14 PM »
HungryR, i do keep my engine clean usually, just due its wash and polish agian now. Hard to keep it shiney tho due to our weather here in Scotland and cos i ride it every day to work, thro rain, hail, sun and frost. I Know what you mean tho.

i know what you mean i'm the guy around here that makes even bikers say what the hell? i ride rain shine snow & sleet and my engine gets like that before i break into it to clean it as well just figured i would encourage that if you take care of your scoot it will take care of you  :)
'08 Agility 50, 72cc BBK, Naraku HS High Speed Variator, some clutch tweaking, UNI filter with homemade cold air setup, Leo Vince Handmade Titan exhaust, lots of random upgrades i'll never be able to remember.. the look on people's faces when i put a knee down through a curve makes it all worthwhile

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()