Author Topic: Just got an Agility 50  (Read 4370 times)

adamsd11

• View Profile
Just got an Agility 50
« on: June 26, 2011, 04:50:03 PM »
I brought a Agility 50 as a spares repair for £25. After a new frame and 4 hours worth of work we had it running road legal. Ever since, the scooter max's out at about 25mph. The scooter seems sluggish and lacks power when setting off. I am going to put a new Spark plug in it and see if this cures the problem? Any other advice? Im thinking about eventually upgrading it to 80cc but im not sure wether its worth it. Any other mods i can do appart from the CDI unit? Also are the Leo Vince exhausts worth buying?

Cheers, Adam

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Just got an Agility 50
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 05:45:52 PM »
Welcome aboard, a smooth variator boss and an #82 main jet will get yoy derestricted after you cut the cdi wire. That should get you up to around 42-43 mph showing on the speedo.

Lighter rollers in the variator, 5.5g work well, to help acceleration.

These simple and cheap mods should get you started. Theres loads more you can do, but thats the basics to so 1st then you can build on it from there.

Good job getting it fixed up.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

adamsd11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 06:16:57 PM »
ahh thanks mate. Have you got links to any website you can get the parts from? Like the rollers? Cheers

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 06:46:47 PM »
You can get rollers from any scooter/bike shop or online store or i usually just get mine off ebay.

Your stock rollers are 6.5g so going a size lighter helps the acceleration a bit. Some folk even use 4.5g,i havent tried any 4.5g so cant say how  they would work,i use 5.5g myself just now but im in the middle of new mods right now so hope to go up to 7.5g soon.

If your looking for 5.5g's just buy any sized 16x13 5.5g rollers and they will fit, or 16x13 + what weight you want.

You can  get a smooth boss lots of places,you want a smooth variator boss for a 50cc 4t 139qmb GY6 engine. Here a link to the one i got http://www.exportstrength.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_44_332&products_id=403

I used this for a while then fitted a race variator and used my old stock boss that i got lathed smooth cos i just felt i fit better, maybe just my imagination but it just feels better to me. If you can get someone to lathe your smooth just do that instead? or get a machine shop to smooth it out its not a big job so should be cheap.

This is the variator i fitted too if you want to look at changing that while your in there http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RACE-VARIATOR-GY6-50-KYMCO-BAOTIAN-LIFAN-Chinese-/300540989339?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item45f9a38f9b#ht_1861wt_685
 Gives smoother quicker acceleration and a little bit top end. You can get brandname ones too,Malossi,NYC etc, up to you how much you want to pay really?
and any bike scooter shop should sell #82 main jets too.

Keep us posted how you get on ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

adamsd11

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 02:23:30 PM »
So the lighter rollers the faster acceleration? and the heavier the rollers the better top spead?

I was on it last night and got the bike up to 38mph on the speado but then i had to brake into a corner. The only thing i have done on the bike is the Cut on the CDI Unit?

Whats the best youve got out of yours, with the mods on it and what mods have you got. The variator looks good and will probs get that. still like the sound of 80cc kit aswell? Cheers

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 04:17:39 PM »
I was about to install an 80cc kit on mine but when I looked into it realized they is the tendency for a lot of issues when it comes to tuning and durability of the motor.

I went with a 70cc airsal kit instead, decent quality and not as much stress on the cylinder and crankshaft and bearings.
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 04:51:49 PM »
38mph just from the cdi cut is very good, think I only got to about 33-34 max when I did mine.

Yeah, in general,

Lighter rollers = better acceleration, slight loss of top end speed.
Heavier rollers = slower acceleration, slight gain in top speed.

I fitted 5.5g rollers, cut cdi, smoothed boss, race variator, #82 main jet, iridium spark plug and got about 45-48mph showing on the speedo generally driving on the flats, now and again it goes just over the 50mph marker down hills.

Since then I fitted a 1000rpm torque spring and this helps goin uphill, gave me an extra 5-8mph up hills compared with stock torque spring. Keeps you in a lower gearing longer and you feel more torque in the engine. Also going to swap my fly springs in the clutch for 1500rpm springs, that gives better off the line speed by letting the engine rev higher before the clutch grabs. Just waiting for them coming feom taipai.

I still have my stock exhaust and airbox right now too, plan to upgrade these one I get the cash tho, just cos I prefer the look, I may gain a couple of mph top end too tho if im lucky.

I would do the boss and main jet 1st and see how you feel with that. If you want to you can then fit a race variator and move onto the torque spring and clutch spring later if you want to go that far. I dont plan on changing my cc, on mine, prob just go for a bigger bike next year or 2.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

repsol

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 11:02:20 AM »
hi im new to this so bare with me i just got a 2009 kymco agility 50
it rides pretty good the only bad thing is i cant keep up with traffic
any ideas on how to make it fast enough to keep up with traffic any thing would help
thanks

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 11:48:09 AM »
Welcome to the forum, streido has just gone through some performance enhancing mods for a cost effective price so if you read through his posts you will be on the right track. Wordslinger is a member who is m.i.a., was rather experimentative,(did I just make a new word?) also has a wealth of info in his posts.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 12:01:59 PM »
Another option repsol, trade it in on a 2 stroke. ;)

Just joshin.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

adamsd11

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 12:30:51 AM »
Thanks for all your help so far guys! My dads got the bug now and we have just brought a 2nd Agility 50! I must say the leovince exhaust seems worth buying! It makes the bike sound so much better and performance! i will upload pictures soon!

adamsd11

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 10:57:51 PM »
Hi again guys, going to pick up my 3rd tomorrow. Officially got the bug. The first Kymco that was hesitant had blown gaskets so the oil was leaking. That is going to be fixed within the next month. :)

JENNY

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 12:36:28 AM »
www.tntcycles-atv.com  i can get oem or aftermarket parts ... let me know what you are looking for

or call Jenny 717-453-7265  or  717-602-5901

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 02:18:08 PM »
Does "Jenny" ever write anything else apart from her sales pitch here? Its becoming boring now. Why not offer the guy a decent discount or just stop trying to push your business here, we can get all the parts you offer cheaper elsewhere online.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 05:19:31 PM »
"Jenny" is probably ordering from kymcopartsonline.com and looking for suckers to bite...

One thing I've noticed about the scooter biz at least in the states is there are a lot of people out there willing to take advantage of the lack of knowledge of most people thaat buy/own scooters. they got me when I first got mine, a couple times.....
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()