Author Topic: first time scooter owner  (Read 1498 times)

Drbeastmaster

• BALLIN
  • I Wana Party!!!!
    • View Profile
first time scooter owner
« on: June 27, 2011, 07:12:29 AM »
the biggest bike iv had is a 50cc pocket bike, so this is the first legit road bike iv ever riden .I just bought..well put a down payment on and paying the rest on the 8th, a 2007 Kymco People S 125 w 7000 miles on it,  owned by a 60 year old lady and her husband who has a people 200 and just bought her a matching one, iv been a member of modern buddy for sometime now and thought i was gona get a buddy, but it all fell through and just joined this forum today! looking forward to learning as much as possible about this scoot. i was 1 min away from buying a new 170i buddy but i couldnt finance without a cosigner so i said F it, got on craiglist and found this guy in my little town of rockport texas selling his. ill be posting more with info and pics , and im sure lots questions. So what can i expect, other than the obvious, iv never been on a bike around cagers, and havnt taken the msc..?
I Wana Party!! The return of the living dead 1985

Treynor1

• View Profile
Re: first time scooter owner
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 08:08:32 PM »
Congrats and welcome.  What you can expect in traffic is you will NOT be seen!  Wear bright clothing and invest in good protective gear.  It is not a matter of if you go down, simply when will you go down.  I know Texas can get pretty warm but a good mesh armored jacket can actually keep you cooler.  Enjoy your new ride and be safe.

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 08:30:39 PM »
I told my teenage son to always ride as if he is totally invisible . If you follow that advice you will be much safer . Good luck .

Drbeastmaster

• BALLIN
  • I Wana Party!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 03:54:44 AM »
thanks for the advise, so for i got corazzo carbone gloves hjc is 33 helmet some 3 pack day /night riding glasses and as soon as a i can im gona the the corazzo mesh vest with back armor , especially for night driving.  ;D i allmost won a bid for the corazzo speedway mesh fully armored jacket but lost, i just dont have the cash flow to drop 230 on a jacket right now, but one day i will
I Wana Party!! The return of the living dead 1985

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 08:12:08 AM »
A full face helmet, decent leather gloves with knuckle protection and a good leather, armoured jacket are a must. Also take care what you wear on your feet too, thin trainers will just come off ir you need to put your foot down while going down, I try to wear boots now all the time.

Slow down your riding in the wet especially on bends too.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

bucky639

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 02:25:57 PM »
yeah... wear sturdy shoes.  I lost a flip flop when I layed my scoot down.  So very glad I didn't lose anything else.

I am glopezz05!

hungryrussian

• Kymco Agility 50 "Sonic"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 08:02:57 PM »
ouch! won't be trying that number again i guess flip flops go in the trunk from now on!
'08 Agility 50, 72cc BBK, Naraku HS High Speed Variator, some clutch tweaking, UNI filter with homemade cold air setup, Leo Vince Handmade Titan exhaust, lots of random upgrades i'll never be able to remember.. the look on people's faces when i put a knee down through a curve makes it all worthwhile

ianmac

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 06:12:39 PM »
Yeah, I dont suggest flip flops
I noticed the top two things you always see people wearing on bikes is Helmet (probably because required by law) and gloves.

The rest can get pretty expensive, but I see riders all the time in tank tops and shorts but they are still wearing the gloves.
Probably because your hands are going to take the worst beating as you go down.

Also I dont agree on the not if, but when... If you listen to that previous post and always drive like you are invisible you will be alright, just never think that someone else sees you and your safe.  IE  dont get cocky

adri

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle News, Reviews, Events, Roads, and Rides
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 06:42:44 PM »
*barf*

Welcome!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()