Author Topic: Warning Kymco difficult to find parts  (Read 8335 times)

old geezer

• View Profile
Re: Warning Kymco difficult to find parts
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 03:04:57 AM »

x2  thats the second honda shop I know thats saleing kymco parts maybe they well do a take over.lol

There are three Honda dealers within 40 minutes of me and they all sell Kymcos.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 03:37:16 AM »
Yamaha, KTM and soon to be harley dealer in town, won't touch Chinese, (Kymco). Don't know how they can sell a second hand ZX50 if they won't back it up.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 12:10:22 PM »
Yamaha, KTM and soon to be harley dealer in town, won't touch Chinese, (Kymco). Don't know how they can sell a second hand ZX50 if they won't back it up.

Thats funny, Yamaha produces scooters in Taiwan and some may be made in mainland China now.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nb20021203a9.html

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 12:41:11 PM »
Yep, funny eh.

Vulcan

• The bad part of life, the good to come later
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 12:48:42 PM »
I have never had trouble getting parts from KYMCO. But performance parts and after market parts, now that Scootertrap in Orlando, FL is going out of business. Does anyone know of another dealer in performance parts?
2006 People 250
40,000+ KM
J-Costa
Cortech sport Bags

ianmac

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 01:43:44 PM »
Does scootertrap have a website...
Sounds like clearance deals to me!

adri

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle News, Reviews, Events, Roads, and Rides
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 05:03:31 PM »

KYMCO isn't chinese....

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 05:17:01 PM »
The whole world is Chinese.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2011, 11:09:33 PM »
Where was your Kymco made? Even though they are Taiwanese, they are considered Chinese by any non enthusiast.

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2011, 11:29:25 PM »
Mine was made in the Taiwan factory. Taiwan manufacturing is geared more toward Japanese technology than China is. China may catch up but who knows when.

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 12:26:40 AM »
Mine was made in the Taiwan factory. Taiwan manufacturing is geared more toward Japanese technology than China is. China may catch up but who knows when.
They already have. They can build world-class anything, pretty much. Thing is, they'll also build barely-marketable goods, if that is the price-point a customer comes to them asking to be met. Lots of companies won't do this, fearing it will reflect poorly on their reputation, whereas a lot of Chinese companies know their western markets aren't going to connect Peace Scooters with Baashan Astronautical, et al (or whomever build that crap), and hence none of the Chinese manufacturers of scooters are even attempting to build a brand outside of China.

Yet. That will change, but they're going to be as stigmatized as Japanese products were right after WWII... for a time.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 08:46:37 AM »

Yes... Taiwanese Kymco factory is completely different than Chinese Kymco factory and scoots have better quality... for sure...
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

ianmac

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 12:22:22 PM »
Yes, in terms of scooters Taiwan Kymco's are 100x better than chinese scooters (I own both)
However the idea that everything manufactured in China being garbage is a complete fallacy.
I work for a company that deals with parts out of China and I have been there. 
For every crap company building the cheapest possible product, there is another across the street with state of the art equipment making product as good or better than anything in the US/ Taiwan / Japan / Germany / You name it!

evlweevil

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2011, 10:20:30 PM »
 I found a website that sells oem parts by model and has awesome parts break down with great exploded views. The website is Kymcoparts123.com. was able to rebuild my 250 in precolored parts after crashing!. A little slow but parts are always right so far! ;D

Freerider

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2011, 12:29:43 AM »
Well finally the stator was replaced. I bitched to Kymco and part arrived in a few days to dealer.

Dealer was a jerk, after receiving part he put me on a list to get scooter fixed a week or so later.

So I bitched again and told him to stick it. Suddenly fixed it the next day.

I also ordered a back up stator from kymcoparts123...... Great difficulty getting them to confirm order and part arrived two week later. So I have an extra.

So far runs good except has a vibration in wheels since the original issue, certainly not related.

Dealer probably kicked the wheel a few times cause he was pissed at me.

In the mean time I called many Kymco dealers around Nj and Pa and none had any openings within a month to even look at the scooter. As well no one can balance the wheels if that is what is needed they claim they do not have a small enough spindle.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()