Author Topic: Naraku Parts Experience - Parts Ordered - Parts Installed - Part Removed  (Read 8056 times)

Bradders2125

• 2010 Agility 50
    • View Profile
Hi,
I'm about to order some parts for my scoot and was wondering what peoples experiences were with them. I'm looking at the Naraku high speed variator. http://www.centralscooters.co.uk/high-speed-variator-set-p-3194.html

It has everything I want for the time being, smooth boss and lighter weights, with the added bonus of a new variator.

After I have installed these I will be getting a #82 jet and possibly going iridium.

Also is there any worries with waiting to up-jet after changing the variator parts.

Thanks
Brads
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 02:22:41 PM by Bradders2125 »

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Naraku Parts Experience
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 11:05:16 PM »
I don't know anything about that variator but it looks decent to me. I have been looking at which one I'm going to install as well and I've been eyeballing the Malossi  Multivar.

In my experience anything name brand that isn't NCY seems to be a fairly safe bet. I've heard bad things about NCY but great things about Polini. They are always the most expensive and you usually get what you pay for.

I just ordered and am waiting to install an Airsal cylinder kit and it seems pretty nice for the money ($150 shipped for just the piston and cylinder)
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

Bradders2125

• 2010 Agility 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 11:16:18 PM »
If I had the extra money I would go for the Malossi as I have heard good things about them.

Changing cylinders is a bit out of my comfort zone at the moment. Maybe later in the year.

Brads

hungryrussian

• Kymco Agility 50 "Sonic"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 03:46:23 PM »
i've had that exact variator on my agility for about 2000km now and it's done very well so far very smooth but quick acceleration, gained 4-5mph on top end and it seems very well built, i also have a naraku 72cc kit installed which hasn't given me a single problem yet :D all in all i've been very pleased withthe cost effectiveness of naraku parts
'08 Agility 50, 72cc BBK, Naraku HS High Speed Variator, some clutch tweaking, UNI filter with homemade cold air setup, Leo Vince Handmade Titan exhaust, lots of random upgrades i'll never be able to remember.. the look on people's faces when i put a knee down through a curve makes it all worthwhile

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 07:27:25 PM »

Also is there any worries with waiting to up-jet after changing the variator parts.

Thanks
Brads

No worries with up-jetting and changing variator, as the variator is a part of the transmission, and the jets are controlling the fuel mixture in the carburator, and therefore are a part of the engine.

Just to make it clear, you will have to change the jet size if:
- You fit a power filter.
- Change something in your carburator, which influensces the fuel-air-mixture.
- You change cylinder.
- You get new carburator.

As the variator has nothing to do with the chemical energy, but only with the kinetik energy, you wont have to change something in the carburator because of something in the transmission, but you could have to change something in the transmission if you make major changes in the amount of energy being created in the motor, if this energy puts too much load on the transmission. But the last scenario, ive never heard of in real life. :)

Hope it answered some questions, and served as some kind of motor-education ;)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

hungryrussian

• Kymco Agility 50 "Sonic"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 02:13:09 AM »
well put baddi  ;D
'08 Agility 50, 72cc BBK, Naraku HS High Speed Variator, some clutch tweaking, UNI filter with homemade cold air setup, Leo Vince Handmade Titan exhaust, lots of random upgrades i'll never be able to remember.. the look on people's faces when i put a knee down through a curve makes it all worthwhile

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 06:10:35 AM »
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 01:41:29 PM »
Just want to say, Kymco's official advice for derestricting an A50 states, " Fit smooth variator boss, cut CDI, fit #82 main jet".

I did he boss, cut the cdi but was waiting for a jet arriving, I rode it on the stock 80 jet for a few days but at top speed it felt like it had a lot of vibration thro the footplate and the engine didnt sound too happy. After fitting the 82 jet it ran much better, vibration went away and it sounded much happier.

Better to do a plug chop to see how its running once you do the work, just to be safe.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Bradders2125

• 2010 Agility 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 02:15:56 PM »
I didn't think it would have a bad effect, just wanted to make sure.

I don't want to mess up and end up having to use the bus again anytime soon.

Now just got to wait for Monday to come around, so I can put my order in for the variator.

Brads

Bradders2125

• 2010 Agility 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 09:17:32 AM »
Finally ordered it a few minutes ago.

Up to 3 days delivery, hopefully I get it by Tuesday, or Wednesday morning at the latest.

Tuesday and Wednesday are the only days I get enough time to do anything, don't want to have it sitting here staring at me for a week.

Brads

Bradders2125

• 2010 Agility 50
    • View Profile
Re: Naraku Parts Experience - Parts Installed
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 09:19:17 PM »
Installed a few days ago. Wow, had my needle to 70kmh.

Seems fine so far.

Brads

streido

• View Profile
Re: Naraku Parts Experience - Parts Ordered - Parts Installed
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 11:39:33 PM »
you do realise that now you only going to be looking to hit 80 dont you?   ;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 11:41:32 PM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Bradders2125

• 2010 Agility 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 11:56:48 PM »
My main goal was to get over 40mph. Its easier to say 70kmh cos the needle stops on it nicely.

Brads

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 12:03:48 AM »
Yup, thats what i said too, now im sitting at 48mph, 50+ down a good hill  ;D

Give a few weeks, 1-2 months tops  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Bradders2125

• 2010 Agility 50
    • View Profile
Re: Naraku Parts Experience - Parts Ordered - Parts Installed - Part Removed
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2012, 02:22:17 PM »
Hi,
Been meaning to post this for a while but only just got round to it.

A while ago I noticed a performance drop and suspected worn rollers. When I removed them they were worn but not too badly, I replaced them anyway.

What I did notice was some abnormal wear on part of the variator, I replaced it with the stock part and took some pictures. All the wear seems to be on one side. In the bottom picture the wear is on the right hand side.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()