Author Topic: Naraku Parts Experience - Parts Ordered - Parts Installed - Part Removed  (Read 8054 times)

skippy

• View Profile
Re: Naraku Parts Experience - Parts Ordered - Parts Installed - Part Removed
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 05:48:24 PM »
looks dusty in there. may be worth cleaning it all with brake/clutch cleaner. all inside the cvt.and cover case.
looks like all the belt dust may have jamed the rollers so it could not retern into position.

JC

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 12:25:58 AM »
I like my naraku variator and have had similar results as most of you guys. I think I'm ready to move on to the malossi variator though. If somone wants to buy my naraku kit, variator/ boss and 1000 rpm spring ill sell to them. Discounted obviously.  Message me for details. Sorry for the thread jack

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 12:03:55 PM »
I never seen wear like that in those pics? Seems weird only one side is worn and the rest look ok, even a stuck roller would not inflict that much damage i wouldnt think, surely the plastic roller would wear before the steel plate did? Strange?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Bradders2125

• 2010 Agility 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 04:00:27 PM »
The part has been sitting gathering rust for a while.

When I get chance and some warmer weather I might give it a good clean inside the case, but this time of year its just too cold.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 05:01:39 PM »
even in snow ill still be out tinkering with my scoot ;D

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 05:28:53 PM »
even in snow ill still be out tinkering with my scoot ;D

Thats why we have garages in Scotland  ;D

I got 4x 500w halogen lights up in mine so its brighter than Blackpool illuminations and stays nice and warm too. Snow? Pfff! O laugh at snow. (or go boarding  ;D )
Chaos is my co-pilot.

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 05:38:19 PM »
Im having a 12 x 18 "shed" built so I can keep messing with all my toys, I have a 2 car garage thats for... well cars. Ive always wanted a workshop anyways, going up and down the stairs with engines to my dungeon to work on them out of the elements has put a crick in my back something fierce this past year.
I too have never seen damage like that before, it would seem there would be equal damage to the variator as well.
I have the Polini, Malossi, PG, prodigy, Keli, naraku, ruckus, zx50, and "dio" variators and Ill have to say the polini has best top speed but all around the Malossi is best and very nice for using high way gearing. If you have a stock set up Polini is best for top speed and some good take off, Keli is the best for cheap ones (sub 40$) for all around performance, phongear and naraku seemed like barely upgrade from stock, the ruckus had poor low end but once you got going it was great for a great top speed(may have been the belt was angry after so many test runs), Zx50 and dio had different angle inclines but both seemed the same at top speed and take off, the dio seemed to shift faster back to low gear.
The ramp plate really matters a lot as well, The Malossi ramp plate is the best plate to use on any of them in my opinion, S.E.F. is my second favorite, Polini 3rd, prodigy 4th, stage 6 5th.
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 07:57:35 PM »
i have a shed. about 9ft x20tf
 its all full though. 2 scoots in bits. one agaility 50 and my son bought a year ago a suzuki fz50 but it bair bones even came with 2 flat tyres.  then all mine and kalls fishing stuff and my work table and 2 tool chests. also lots of nitro car stuff . so not much room in there.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 11:43:03 PM »
i have a shed. about 9ft x20tf
 its all full though. 2 scoots in bits. one agaility 50 and my son bought a year ago a suzuki fz50 but it bair bones even came with 2 flat tyres.  then all mine and kalls fishing stuff and my work table and 2 tool chests. also lots of nitro car stuff . so not much room in there.

You just need to get it arranged better. My garage is like Dr Who's tardis. I cleaned it out a yr or so ago over a weekend, couldnt believe how much stuff i actually had it it! About 3-4 garages worth of stuff. Get up some good shelving, hang stuff up off the inside of the roof etc. I got a 1 car garage filled with............... a 72 beetle, 3x cycles, 3x snowboards, a Vespa, tools, a drill press, a 7ft punch/kick bag and stand, welding machines and 5ft bottle of Argon, etc,etc. Then add in all my boxes of spares and accessories for the cycles, scoots and bits for the beetle rebuild and you get some idea of how much sh** i got in there. Luckily a neighbour lets me store loads of the beetle in her garage, ie the interior, engine and everything i stripped off it, otherwise i'd be stuffed.

Oh, and dont even ask what i got in my attic.................... :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Bradders2125

• 2010 Agility 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 12:08:48 AM »
Ok, starting to get shed envy now.

itsjyung

• View Profile
Re: Naraku Parts Experience
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 02:39:45 AM »

In my experience anything name brand that isn't NCY seems to be a fairly safe bet. I've heard bad things about NCY but great things about Polini. They are always the most expensive and you usually get what you pay for.

I have to say on my 2012 Agility 50 I have installed a Kymco derestricted CDI, and a NCY Transmission kit but used 5.5gram weights instead of the 9gram weights that came with the kit (because I have lots of hills to ride everyday) and with 3,000+km on it already and 2,000+km on the NCY Transmission Kit. I have nothing bad to say about NCY as of yet. I am too also looking to go 72cc Enviromoto, NCY, or Naraku....Had a bad expereince with Malossi on my Daelim S-Five years ago but that may have been from lack of care on my part... as I was told they are good.

Thanks for letting me share!!!  ;D
2012 Kymco Agility 50
-Kymco deresticted CDI
-NCY Transmission Kit w/5.5gram

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 02:48:50 PM »
9g weights!!!!!!!!  :o. Really? WTF were they thinking? I wouldnt get anywhere on 9g rollers? Well i would get places but it would take me a very very long time to get there  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2012, 02:49:53 PM »
Ok, starting to get shed envy now.

Every man needs a cave, its written in the laws of nature  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2012, 03:33:35 PM »
Arent 9 g weights the same as stock?
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

MDCWLK

• View Profile
Yes....if you drive 1 and a 1/2 Agilty ;D

(6,5 gr is stock)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()