Author Topic: Reflective vest for riding...  (Read 3535 times)

blinkwatt

• View Profile
Reflective vest for riding...
« on: July 14, 2011, 02:12:40 PM »
I was wondering where I could pick up one of those reflective vest I see construction workers wearing to increase visibility?

mrpackerguy

• View Profile
Re: Reflective vest for riding...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 03:31:58 PM »
My brother sent me this link - looks like a good deal and designed for riders.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=5000&L2=2&L3=112&L4=113&item=BLT_BLV1-ORG-SMLG_G
2007 Silver Agility 50
2009 Green Super 8 150

blinkwatt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 04:55:39 PM »
Can a mod suspend or ban 'Jenny' from TNT?

It looks like the user is spamming the forums promoting her company.

I received this email from the user after posting about a product.

Hello here is a page from one of the catalogs.  I can order this for you if you are interested....along with anything else in the book.
http://www.powersportrider.com/cgi-bin/zcatjpg

thanks,
jenny
tnt cycles

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 05:55:22 PM »
Yeah, most forums don't allow this kind of spam. I don't even know if this forum has any moderators. You may have to complain to the forum owner.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:25:00 PM by scooterdude »

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 06:38:46 PM »
Hope you sent her a nice email back telling her to f¥€k right off. Shes a pain in the ass. Offers nothing to the forum except for her stupid ads for her parts.

We could all just mass email on the same day and tell her nicely to go away and spam on some other forum cos were not interested unless she wants to offer us some good discounts.

Shes prob a bald bearded skinny dude anyway with a beer belly who gets home from working at Mcdonalds and dresses as a burd called Jenny in the evenings. Jenny/Jeffrey GO AWAY!!!
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 06:42:34 PM »
You should get a vest at most large DIY stores or many cycle shops now sell them for cyclists. Or just go on ebay.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zigzag5000

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 10:36:43 PM »
Oddly enough, IKEA just released a new line of "safety" products in their stores. One of the items is an extremely reflective safety vest for $4.99. It's very lightweight and perfect for riding!

teknik1200

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 11:43:00 PM »
Hope you sent her a nice email back telling her to f¥€k right off. Shes a pain in the ass.

except that it's probably a bot and bots don't really care what you try to tell them  :P

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 02:23:03 AM »
I am going to stick my 2 cents in here! I was unable to get oil filters for my DT300I in Canada, Jenny who is a kinco dealer helped me out with the parts and some other thing I have not been able to get in Canada. She is trying to be helpful. I have quoted one of these messages to her in a private message and in the future If I see someone looking as I was, I will put in a link as all of you are doing in this discussion. I am sure she ment no harm and defiantly not desiring of some of the comments in this thread.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 03:33:22 AM »
I don't understand the animosity. Someone complains about being unable to get parts and Jenny offers to get the parts for them, if they want, no pressure. Sure, it is business for her dealership, but what about people talking about stadium yamaha or kymco parts on line? If you don't want to buy anything from her, don't.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Drbeastmaster

• BALLIN
  • I Wana Party!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 04:14:23 AM »
how the f*** did a post about safety vests become every body personal bitching ground , grow the f*** up , as for reflective vest icon makes a really nice one for around 55 , and corrazzos is the cream of the crop great design comes with back armor and its super reflective i believe for 80 bucks
I Wana Party!! The return of the living dead 1985

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2011, 01:59:02 PM »
I sent her an E-Mail with questions etc. about her business or whatever it is and what I would like to do and never received a reply. I didn't want to talk business on here but even with E-Mail well....... So someone on here asked if this is just a business venture........ who knows. There are many people on here and I guess one can't question everyone as to what they are doing.

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2011, 02:05:30 PM »
I picked up a vest with other stickers and a few other things at L.L.Bean. Made for cyclists but I wear the vest and plans for the other pieces. I am not pushing an ad here but I also purchased my black hiker boots for riding and they are the most comfortable pair of boots I ever owned. They should be though.....very expensive. I have a very bad knee and anything along with knee braces helps me much. My cousin has an excavating business and I wear one of his Greenish Yellow or what ever that color is over everything. It is that color the street workers and all are using anymore.

mrpackerguy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, 03:14:53 PM »
I like the idea of a highly visible relective vest, but a jacket was something I wanted more.  I found a great deal on Ebay for a Fieldsheer jacket with relective areas on it and armor in the back, shoulders and elbow, with a zip-in, zip-out liner for cooler days.  It's a bright yellow color to for visibility.  Hope it fits! 

I would think I highly relective vest would be good for riding after dark, which I don't plan to do too much of here in Wisconsin with the deer.  I've already wrecked one car and totaled another hitting deer and on a scooter I don't think I'd stand much of a chance.  I never understood guys riding in Wisconsin at night on their bikes.
2007 Silver Agility 50
2009 Green Super 8 150

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 10:55:24 PM »
If I may, I have several different types of reflective vests. I also have the protective jacket with the zip in liner and all protective padding everywhere. It is a vented jacket without the liner in it for hot days. The vest I have are just visible color and reflection capable and do not add any warmth. The cycle bit I spoke about also has valcro reflective bands and patches and cheap.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()