Author Topic: carb rebuild help  (Read 1870 times)

chad142

• View Profile
carb rebuild help
« on: July 17, 2011, 06:22:49 AM »
Hey whats up, i just bought a super 9 from my cousins for a great price, she never used it and it sat most its life but one reason why it was so cheap is because it wont stay running and the carb needs to be adjusted and what not, first off yes its getting fuel, the filter isnt backed up, all fuel lines seem ok. so i was going to take the carb apart and clean it out but im just looking for ideas and maybe pics, vid or write up on how to do. also if anyone has any ideas that i can do to get it up and running let me know. i also know alot about cars and work on cars and work in a auto parts store but scooters are  very new to me and i would love to learn more about them. 

mudfreek

• View Profile
Re: carb rebuild help
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 02:40:04 PM »
yeah clean the carb sounds like u have a cloged jet
ehh brakes are for sissies

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 03:28:19 PM »
Try youtube for carb cleaning videos . Good luck .

chad142

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 03:03:42 AM »
ok i cleaned out the carb, and lets the jets soak in carb cleaner, but i think i figure out the problem but dont know what to do about it, ok here it goes, the cable that connects to the carb that has the sleeve and pin thing on it doesnt move and my buddy who works on snowmobiles says it should move up and down with the throttle control, also now after cleaning it when i went to start it and sprayed a little starting fluild it likes to max rev and rev to like red line so i dont know whats going on. hopefully you guys can help and thanks again

chad142

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 02:31:25 AM »
ok i got the slide needle to work and found out one of the jets is clogged super bad, i am soaking the whole carb in carb and chock cleaner i got from work, i did try to get some new jets at a motorcycle and scooter store but they have the right size jet (35) but the threads dont work so i dont know what to do but wait and see if its clean out in a few hours or find a carb rebuild kit which has so far been unsuccessful

chad142

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 07:38:52 AM »
shes all running now, bad and super clogged jets, and choke jet was also really dirty, new gas and some seafoam she runs smokey but it means its cleaning everthing out and will run like a champ in about 1 tank or so

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 11:39:50 AM »
Just keep running it it should get better
ehh brakes are for sissies

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 11:48:35 AM »
If you can get any, try some "chem dip".... It is some wonderful stuff for soaking overnight.....
I would clean that carb again
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()