Author Topic: lose of speed  (Read 2983 times)

blue

• View Profile
lose of speed
« on: July 18, 2011, 01:47:28 PM »
I have noticed a few km short of my speed from when my belt and clutch was new 2 years ago cant be ready for a new one yet. rollers are new when the scoot reaches 30 it takes longer to get to top end speed of 48. what you guys thinking.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: lose of speed
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 02:01:16 PM »
I would say your belt is wearing, not to the point of needing replacement, but wearing all the same.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 02:14:42 PM »
Good answer .

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 12:40:29 AM »
how often should your belt be replaced Its 2 years old now.and if I could find a wider belt would that help with the take off and maybe top end.( with out takeing the front tire off the ground lol)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 09:06:36 AM »
G'day blue, I don't know the lifespan of a belt, but I wouldn't think two years would be too old. The way to determine whether your belt needs replacement, apart from obvious damage, is to measure the width. Using a wider belt will give back some of your top speed, but I don't know about the take off, if so, it won't be a whole lot, though any bit helps.
By the way, I think your front wheel is safely on the ground. ;D
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 09:25:12 AM »
I was just about to post a similair thread Blue. I was getting 45-48mph easily every day, up to just over 50mph downhill, now I can only seem to get around 45mph, maybe 46 on a good day, even downhill I struggle to reach 48mph now?

I havent really changed anything since I was getting 48mph apart from my torque spring. I was running stock spring but died uphill so went to a 1000rpm and that helped uphill while I still got to 48mph on flats. Since then its died down to 45mph max, 46-47mph downhill? Can get it back up to 48mph using 7.5g rollers but it kills my revs and is crap uphill, I cant live with that so went back to 5.5g.

Last night I tried a 2000rpm torque in but didnt like it, felt low on power. Then I tried a 1500rpm with 6g rollers and thats not bad, almost perfect, apart from im still losing top end somewhere?

I noticed my belt had a thread coming off the edge, cut it off for now and I ordered a new belt too. I wonder if the problems are just down to a worn belt now? Will see how new one goes, should arrive tomorrow.

I also found a leak on my intake manifold, tube from carb to engine, so ordered one of those too meant to arrive tomorrow too. It would not idle at all, just cut out, and im sure my power was down. I have glued it back up and wrapped it in tape for now and it seems ok for a short term fix till new part arrives.

Im hoping fitted the new belt will get my top speed back up, think the manifold is pretty much airtight now so doubt its that cos it idles fine now.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 11:42:17 AM »
good luck let me know how it went with new belt Ill have to get buy for now cash flow is tight.
and hard times hiting us like ya you woulden beleave.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 12:14:24 PM »
Will let you know if I see improvement in a few days once I fit the new belt then Blue.

Where are u living? Europe? Not Greece I hope? Im in Scotland, we have not had much bother with hard times here. Yet!
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 06:58:46 PM »
im in michigan u.s.a  jobs are down and gas is up and we are learning to go with out but at times things get rough.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 07:06:35 PM »
Belt arrived today. Will fit it tomorrow. Just in from work and its too late now. My new intake manifold is due to arrive tomorrow too so will do both jobs at once.

New belt looks a good few mm wider than I remember my old one being. Its def the correct belt for an A50 so maybe mine was more worn than I thought. Let you know if I see any improvement once I try it out.

Sorry to hear about tough times, still could be worse, at least you got some cheap transport to get about on.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:42:49 AM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 04:34:53 AM »
Blue- Whereabouts are you from in MI. I live in the wonderful scoot filled city of Ann Arbor.
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 11:01:25 PM »
Blue- Whereabouts are you from in MI. I live in the wonderful scoot filled city of Ann Arbor.
 well hi there neighbor Im in grandrapids  you should try to come ride with are club on a thursday night we have been haveing a lot of outsiders show up for the ride and that makes it a lot of funn we like showing others a good time. check us out here. at the grandrapidsscooterclub.com
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:03:56 PM by blue »

Kenho21

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 11:19:42 PM »
Would love to, hopefully have my kit installed and scoot up and running in the next week. Maybe I could make the venture out there. I'll just have to let google maps route a surface street set of directions for me lol.

How many people do you typically have show up for your club get togethers?
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

Kenho21

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 11:23:59 PM »
I tried pullin up the web site for your scooter club and it's saying it doesn't exist. ???

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 11:57:52 PM »
http://grscooterclub.com/      ok try this.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()