Author Topic: other drive belts.  (Read 5448 times)

blue

• View Profile
Re: other drive belts.
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 08:16:09 PM »
ok sorry my bad was thinking that the frist # was just the part # and the other 2 is the size.Now  you got me thinking if a 699 is going to be ok.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 08:28:12 PM »
Im sure the 1st number was the length? If you got time I would take your belt off before you collect the new one and measure it. Or if u got no time for that just make sure u can return it if its too short?

Scooter assassins list our belt as 729x18x30, thats the one I just fitted a few wks ago. I measured mine as  728mm long but imaybe missed a mm cos its listed as 729mm long on S.A's site.

If he one u ordered is only 699mm long it will be miles short  :'(
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 10:04:20 PM »
think I might play it safe and give jenny a call and order one.

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 10:13:58 PM »
669 mm belt is correct lenght for agility but with a 10'' wheels model. These one got shorter variator casings.

729 x 18 x 8 mm, 30' (lenght x width x height, angle) is for 12'' model. Currently I use 748 x 18 x 8.5 mm 30' and it's fine.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 10:39:01 PM »
thanks woodcutter- you just safed me a road trip to go get the wrong belt.

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 11:48:31 PM »
buy 729 and you won't go wrong. Even 743 is ok for stock variator and I use malossi multivar(slightly bigger diameter and 1-2 mm's wider than stock) with 748 mm belt and it's going all the way up(luckily not touching starter bendix or rubbing against outer pulley teeths) and releasing whole variator potential

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 08:46:27 PM »
just ordered my belt from jenny hope things go well. thanks for your help jenny.

JENNY

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 09:11:06 PM »
JUST A HEADS UP YOUR BELT IS ONE THE WAY ... UPS AND THE TRACKING NUMBER IS IN YOUR EMAIL....

THANKS AGAIN...ANYTHING YOU NEED LET ME KNOW.  WILL TRY TO BEAT ANYONES PRICES.

JENNY

mikrron

• at least outstanding !
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 11:12:46 AM »
replaced my original bando belt with malossi kevlar 743 these days. and i`m not so happy. (all parts are stock)
why?

some years ago i derestricted my CDI since the scooter speed had become slower and slower to 65km/h..
after the CDI cut went 80km/h so i was very happy.
time passed and the max speed dropped to 75km/h .. nu to bad but the scooter reved hard at takeoffs and i thought it`s time to change the belt (since it was wared to 16.8mm wide from 18mm i think) and had some cracks.
so i chosed the best: malossi kevlar
now the scooter gets moving at lower rpm`s, and mentains lower rpms all the way => has a slower acceleration and the top speed is kinda worse. only downhill it hits 80km/h.... in rest 70 barely barely 75 :( PLUS shortly after engaging i fell a tremble

i need to say that i chanded the rollers from 5.1g to 6.1g (stock original) soon before getting the malossi belt.
should i try malossi belt with lighter rollers ?

:(
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:15:46 AM by mikrron »
sorry for my writing mistakes .. i`m only human

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2011, 11:49:58 AM »
soon as i get my new beld im going back to 5.5 rollers I liked the take off and the top end was just fine.
with my beld now I cant make it up a samll hill with out slowing down to 30 mh. afresh new beld and 5.5 rollers should bring me back to 40 up hill. if  not my clutch spring is being replaced next.

jaws

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 11:50:06 AM »
So the stock belt on my 08 agility 50 is 729mm in length, correct? And is there any kind of gain in top speed by changing to a 743mm belt? Just thinking about what woodcutter said about the belt riding out to far on the variator, ive checked my polini, and it seems the belt could ride a little higher on the variator if it was longer.

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 12:50:04 PM »
you could get a higher top speed with 743 belt but it requires variator calibration(roller weights/clutch spring).
it could give you lower performance on wrong set up, but if tuned fine gives you up to 5 mph better top.
Remember how good your scoot did uphill when variator was restricted.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:52:43 PM by woodcutter »

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 03:13:30 PM »
I had exactly the same problem as Mikrron after I fitted a new belt. I put on a Nakura 729-18-30 and lost 5-7mph top end.

Think its just too wide to go down to the lowest point on my rear pulley cos when I measure against my old stock belt its a couple of mm wider, maybe 2-3mm. I refitted my stock belt and now it runs a lot smoother and my top end is back up too, so I ordered a new Gates Powerlink 729-17-30 belt last night. Hopefully that is narrow enough to run low on the rear pulley too. The 18mm wide belt is no good for my Agility, dont know about other agilitys tho. Most sites list my belt as either 17.5, 17.7, or 18mm. See how the 17mm wide does anyway when it arrives.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 07:20:14 PM »
I would just stick with the stock belt and go with 5.5 rollers thats what I find works best so if it works stick with it. the min you change things you well find a change in how your scoot runs sometimes good and sometimes not so good.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 07:20:34 AM »
Thats why I ordered the 17mm belt Blue, its closest size to my stock belt. The 18mm wide belt runs rough in my transmission at both ends. Variator feels like its not hitting it right and it wont go into the rear pulley properly.

I emailed Kymco UK last night to ask them exactly which size belt I need, see what they say.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()