Author Topic: Idling high with 47mm (70cc) kit  (Read 1085 times)

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
Idling high with 47mm (70cc) kit
« on: July 26, 2011, 01:47:07 AM »
Just went for my first ride on my agility with the BBK installed, so much power!! Didn't open it up all the way but gave it a little gas to help the rings get some pressure and seat correctly for break in.

I will list my setup below, but here's my issue:

It is definitely idling a bit high, especially when I sit down. I know the higher idle when I'm seated is because the way the foam filter is positioned it gets just a little bit smushed by the fender which I plan on correcting with a hose soon. But when at idle without me seated it is still idling a little bit high. I'm thinking its getting too much air but not sure to be honest. I only have the idle screw turned out 1 or 1 1/2 times. I'm not sure if I should turn it in any more? Will turning it in too far cause any damage because of lack of fuel? Should I try a bigger jet?

Thanks
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

hungryrussian

• Kymco Agility 50 "Sonic"
    • View Profile
Re: Idling high with 47mm (70cc) kit
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 04:22:44 AM »
http://www.4secondsflat.com/plug_chart.html check out this chart it's pretty decent and "read" your plug if you're lean go higher in size, if you're rich go down in size, every scoot is different as is every build i wouldn't ride for hours at a time or anything before you make sure you're in a good range with your jet you can do plug chops for fine tuning especially if you get a new carb with an adjustable needle but you would have to search that one i couldn't explain it all. also make sure you don't skip the simple stuff, make sure your throttle cable isn't too tight and also try adjusting the brass screw on top of your carb if you haven't already. if you have done this then you may be running lean at idle and may need to go up in pilot jet size but mine idles fine with the stock pilot. also make very sure your filter is sealed to your carb mine liked to slide off some when i had it mounted that way the tube fixed that though
'08 Agility 50, 72cc BBK, Naraku HS High Speed Variator, some clutch tweaking, UNI filter with homemade cold air setup, Leo Vince Handmade Titan exhaust, lots of random upgrades i'll never be able to remember.. the look on people's faces when i put a knee down through a curve makes it all worthwhile

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()