Author Topic: Changing Gear oil  (Read 3429 times)

scooterman11

• View Profile
Changing Gear oil
« on: July 26, 2011, 02:12:39 AM »
How do you change the gear oil on a  2008 kymco agility 50

Apex_4

• View Profile
Re: Changing Gear oil
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 06:15:43 AM »
I may be mistaken, but it doesn't have a multi gear transmission meaning not gear oil, just a centrifugal clutch system straight to the rear wheel with a cvt I'm guessing.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 07:30:42 AM »
I may be mistaken, but it doesn't have a multi gear transmission meaning not gear oil, just a centrifugal clutch system straight to the rear wheel with a cvt I'm guessing.

You are mistaken.  ;D
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 10:21:50 AM »
There are 2 plugs at the gearbox, 1 underneath to drain it and 1 on the front as an inspection to check your levels. Take out both to drain it, put the bottom one back in and fill with the req amount stated in the manual, put the inspection nut back in. I cant remember off hand the amount needed, download the manual, it tells you in there and also shows you which nuts to loosen too.

Its a simple job really when you know how.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Resolve

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 01:20:43 PM »
^^^or do like I do. 

I have two cups that are like paint mixing cups that are the exact same cup. and drain the old oil into one cup then fill up the second cup with the same amount of oil that has drianed out. Then I bought a cheap syringe from the drugstore. One of the ones you can use to give babies and kids medicine. I take and fill the syringe with the new oil and squirt it into the filler hole. It takes a few minutes to fill, but I keep going until it starts flowing out of the check/fill hole. I normally try to fill it with one or two more syringes after it flows just to make sure and then after the last syringe I let it flow until it seems to flow slow from the hole. Normally just a second or two after I fill it. Once the flowing has slowed I seal it back off.

FYI: I keep one of the cups under the hole to catch the excess that drips out.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()