Author Topic: How Reliable are Kymco Fuel Injected Scooters  (Read 12419 times)

blue

• View Profile
Re: How Reliable are Kymco Fuel Injected Scooters
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 01:04:22 AM »
I think you're confusing fuel injection with something else like a fuel filter, because a bike with fuel injection would have no carb...

Im thinking fuel pump I have taken those off and runn the gas line straight to the carb I have a gy6 I did that to and I also did that to my honda rucks .

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 03:01:18 AM »
its fuel pump vrs electronic fuel injection......in any case .....injectors can clog over time ...if serious you will know about it right away.....some have suggested putting very small amount of fuel injector cleaner in the tank....others say not to do....anyone try this with your scooter?

adri

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle News, Reviews, Events, Roads, and Rides
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 05:14:13 AM »
I've put carb/injector cleaner in my scooter before with no problems. It can sometimes help I've noticed. Been a few years and still haven't needed a carb clean and my scooter sits 8 months of the year (only ride it when it's cold and my KYMCO Venox gets tucked inside nice and warm and dry).

Just remember, when you buy one of those bottles of carb/injector cleaner and the instructions say to empty the entire bottle, that they're designed (and the instructions are written) with a car's gas tank in mind. So if your scooter's gas tank is 1/10th of the size of the average sedan's gas tank, only put in 1/10th of the bottle.

She may run a little funny, and depending on which product you use may smell a little funny (SeaFoam), and the exhaust may even come out a funny colour (SeaFoam), but as long as you aren't going over the top with it using a little cleaner really shouldn't hurt.

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 03:55:51 AM »
yes adri i have used it////seafoam the best ....my mechanic emphasizes to use only a small amount  as well....i just am reluctant to rx it as a general fix......i have found it especially useful in cold weather and for a hard start....but when it gets warm out i don't use it at all....

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 11:04:48 PM »
I thought we were talking about fuel injectors.  A fuel injected scooter does not have a carb.  Its one of the reasons I got the Yager GT 200i, no carb.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2011, 01:22:53 AM »
well yes i thought he was talking about a efi.....if not the point is moot...

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 04:47:05 PM »
Over 10K miles on my 09 X500Ri.  I would never own another scooter or motorcycle without fuel injection again.  I know there were some issues with the earlier ones, but mine is super.  Easy start, no choke, smooth idle, quick response.
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 11:23:18 PM »
Blue, you disappoint me.  You are usually right on.  Gotta get straight between carb, efi, & pump.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

grasshoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 03:51:22 PM »
I just bought a 2010 People S250. It has a carb and runs great, but Kymco has sold the People S250i in Europe with fuel injection and also a People S 300i with fuel injection for some time. They should have it down pretty good.

Old Geezer,

I'm considering a used (or new because it's never been sold) 2009 People S250i. How has your scooter treated you? Any problems that it's a carb and not FI? How has your mpg and mph been?

Thanks!

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 07:10:51 PM »
The only problem I have had with my S 250 is the battery died. It was replaced under warranty. I get around 60 MPG and it will top out around 85. It will cruise at 65 to 70 all day. It always starts and idles with no problems. It has good under seat storage. Dual front disc brakes and single rear disc. I really like this scooter. I have no complaints.

If I were to get another scooter it would probably a Kymco GT 300i.

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 10:05:10 PM »
I have a Xc250Ri and have had no issues with the efi.  In fact, I love it in the cooler weather.  I only have a 1000 miles on it, but have never had a problem with idling or acceleration.  Having had bikes with carbs in the past, I would never go back after experiencing the efi.
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2014, 05:08:03 PM »
FI is the cats meow, I don't miss carbs 1 bit. FI on my cars has been issue free for over 20 years.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2014, 05:46:01 PM »
I put K-100 in my tank every time I fill it (it is all my dealer/mechanic will use in Kymco engines,Kawasaki engines,Honda engines and yamaha engines that they sell) .

Have had No issues in three years .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 06:18:38 PM »
This is my opinion but a lot agree and some disagree. Most MAJOR brands of gas put cleaners in their gas and any additional cleaners are not needed. There's a reason they cost 10c more per gallon.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()