Author Topic: Going insane with my starting problems...  (Read 1750 times)

djryk

• View Profile
Going insane with my starting problems...
« on: August 02, 2011, 12:08:19 AM »
Ok so I have a 2010 kymco super 8 50cc. I brought it to the garage because it wasnt starting. They said I needed new piston rings or somesh**... Long story short they got it working I also had an 80cc big bore put on. I get it back and it seems like the starter motor was slowly starting to go to sh**...and did, so I bought and installed a new starter motor. The starter motor worked but didnt seem to have enough cca to crank over the engine. As of today the new starter motor completly stopped working. The lights all turn on and there is a single click every time I press the electric start.

Problem 2 is that the kickstart doesnt comeback up after being kicked down. I took the crank case off numerous times to reset the starting bendix which looks like its in perfect condition btw. The only thing that looks slightly wrong is the swirly teeth inside the kickstart that spins around from the force of the spring. The spring looks in great condition to. I dont understand why both starters have gone to sh**. and am flipping the f*** out becuase the garages all charche $90 an hour and theres a 3 week waiting period.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Going insane with my starting problems...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 07:08:44 PM »
Just in case you dont know, the starter bendix is nothing to do with the kickstart, 2 completely seperate methods of starting it. Clean out the inside of the kickstart, inside the cvt cover, that will def fix it. Unless your kickstart mech spring has snapped, prob just dirt etc tho.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()