Author Topic: Going insane with this thang  (Read 843 times)

djryk

• View Profile
Going insane with this thang
« on: August 02, 2011, 12:22:15 AM »
Ok so I have a 2010 kymco super 8 50cc. I brought it to the garage a few times because it wasnt starting. They said I needed new piston rings or somesh**... Long story short they got it working I also had an 80cc big bore put on. I get it back and it seems like the starter motor was slowly starting to go to sh**...and did, so I bought and installed a new starter motor. The starter motor worked but didnt seem to have enough cca to crank over the engine. As of today the new starter motor completly stopped working. The lights all turn on and there is a single click every time I press the electric start.

Problem 2 is that the kickstart doesnt comeback up after being kicked down. I took the crank case off numerous times to reset the starting bendix which looks like its in perfect condition btw. The only thing that looks slightly wrong is the swirly teeth inside the kickstart that spins around from the force of the spring. The spring looks in great condition to. I dont understand why both starters have gone to sh**. and am flipping the f*** out becuase the garages all charche $90 an hour and theres a 3 week waiting period.
 I strongly feel that kymco should take the responsibility and send me and anyone else with starting problems like this a replacement engine. I'll even send the old one back. This is supposed to save me money and its a big money pit.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: Going insane with this thang
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 12:41:33 AM »
G'day mate, with the 80cc kit it is a lot more load on the starter, with my zx I fitted a larger battery to cope with thdm load. Until I did, I used the kick starter, and with all the tuning problems I thought I stuffed my kickstarter. If you take it all apart and clean it thoroughly it should be ok, don't use any grease, that will catch the belt dust and stick again.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Going insane with this thang
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 07:02:03 PM »
Sid sounds right. My kickstart was exactly the same, I just cleaned out the mechanism on the inside of the cvt cover and its fine. If it stick again just give it a blast with wd-40 or similair spray, give it a few turns with your hand and wipe it off before refitting.

I also say it sounds like your battery is too flat, like sid says maybe try a slightly bigger battery, or at least make sure yours is fully charged and holding the charge ok.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()