Author Topic: GV windshield is wiggling  (Read 1205 times)

bunker buster

• View Profile
GV windshield is wiggling
« on: August 04, 2011, 01:19:49 PM »
As stated on my previous post I just received my GV. I notice that the windshield has too much play. I tighten the 2 screws but still wiggles. Is there a third screw at the center of the fairing that holds the windshield?

How come the scooter's battery drain so fast. I left it at the dealer 10 days ago with a brand new battery installed (so I can test drive) I try to start the battery is discharged. Is that normal on a GV? or is this unit grounded?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:52:36 PM by bunker buster »

MaryK

• View Profile
Re: GV windshield is wiggling
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »
I have no info on the windshield bolts.

My battery has only needed charging when I left the seat open.  If the seat is not secured down, a night-light is left on  in the storage space under the seat.  That ran my battery down in 2 days approximately.

Scoot safely,
New Rider in 2010

2009 GrandVista 250

Treynor1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 02:19:58 AM »
Your windshield is attached to the bike with four screws.  When you remove the two screws facing the drivers seat, the front panel above the grill will be freed. Remove this panel and you will see the four attaching screws.  Be sure there is a rubber grommet around each screw.  Before tightening these screws, it is a good idea to remove them one at a time and add a drop of loc-tite  to the threads of each screw.  Replace the screws but be careful when tightening them.  Too tight could put pressure on the windshield.  Now replace the front panel..using loc-tite on the remaining two screws is also a good idea.  There's a lot of vibration on scooters and it is a good idea to check all visible screws on a regular basis. 

bunker buster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 05:12:50 AM »
What loctite should I use? so it will still be removable?

How tight should I screw them in? additional half turn or until the rubber grommet is compressed?

Treynor1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 03:32:05 AM »
I didn't know there was more than one type of loc- tite.  I have a small bottle with a needle type spout that I use on my vehicles.  Hand tighten only. You don't want another half turn or too much compression on the grommets.  The lotite will hold the screws in place but yes, you can remove them.  (You will feel the loctite "give" as you unscrew a screw or bolt.  Hope this helps. PS my spellchecker does not like my loc tite spelling.

bunker buster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 02:36:02 PM »
Yes loctite come in different flavor. Anyway thanks was able to tighten it.

Treynor1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 07:59:14 PM »
Just came back from the hardware store.  You want the blue loc tite, the red is more permanent.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()