Author Topic: Carburetor Bowl Gasket  (Read 8164 times)

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
Carburetor Bowl Gasket
« on: August 05, 2011, 01:29:14 AM »
Was putting my carb back together last night then started the scoot up and realized it was leaking gas like crazy. Took it back apart and realized the rubber float bowl gasket got pinched and no longer holds a good seal. I've been looking around the internet and can't seem to find one to fit Kymco carbs anywhere!!

Any ideas on where to get one or what to do?
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

blue

• View Profile
Re: Carburetor Bowl Gasket
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 01:47:02 AM »
I got ya coverd take the black seal a casket and use that but make sure it stays more on the out side of the carb just off the line wear the normal gasket would go I have been running my gy6 scoot like that for over a year now works good. make sure to use a good small straight bead of it all they way around the carb let dry over night with carb put together and you well be good.if any of the other casket is good use it just cut off what you cant use.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 08:55:52 PM »
Mine was exactly the same when i changed my main jet, just do as blue says, use some gasket sealer and put an even smear over the area where the gasket goes then fit the gasket in, the gasket sealer will hold the gasket in place. Put some on the cover side where the gasket goes in and reassemble it once it goes tacky.

Same as Blue i did it maybe 6 month ago and its still fine now. I couldnt find a new gasket either.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Kenho21

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 10:20:49 PM »
With gasket sealer will I be able to disassemble and reassemble without any problems after I apply it? Or does it act like glue? I've never used the stuff.

So you also had the same problem with your gasket being pinched from the factory too huh? Can't believe one of the only parts that can't be bought of substituted for comes defective....
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »
No, its not like glue, you will get it again apart ok.

My gasket got pinched when I reassembled my carb after I changed the jet, had fuel pissin out over my engine. Factory did fit it ok it was my fault ::) Ended up the gasket wouldnt fit back in too good but using it with the sealer worked out well, no leaks now.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 12:06:17 AM »
I live by that stuff I ounce ran a car for over a year with it on its water pump and also on other lines that water gos threw or gas. just make sure it drys for about 12 hours befor runing gas threw it.

Kenho21

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 01:22:07 PM »
Old topic, old question.

For some reason this thread from a year ago popped into my head last night, has anyone ever found the OEM gasket for the Agility's carb?

I was also thinkin it might be worth finding out who manufactures them and contacting the manufacturer. I wanna get to the bottom of this...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 01:57:52 PM »
Old topic, old question.

For some reason this thread from a year ago popped into my head last night, has anyone ever found the OEM gasket for the Agility's carb?

I was also thinkin it might be worth finding out who manufactures them and contacting the manufacturer. I wanna get to the bottom of this...

I was looking for one a few months ago in the UK but gave up, meant to email Kymco but i forgot till now.

Did find this from the US but the gasket looks different from how i remember mine, maybe its just me and my lack of short-term memory tho.  :D

http://www.scooterpartsexpress.com/carburetor-rebuild-kit-complete-4t-gy6-139qmb-50cc
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Kenho21

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 02:51:09 PM »
I'm experiencing the exact same issue, only in te US. Hahaha. I'm going to take mine apart later today, when I do I'll take a picture of it and post it. But I have the same sneaking suspicion that y memory is falling me an it's a little different than the one you and I have found. I remember looking for quite a while and seeing a common one all over the place, I think that's the common one and ours are slightly different.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 04:38:28 PM »
I'm experiencing the exact same issue, only in te US. Hahaha. I'm going to take mine apart later today, when I do I'll take a picture of it and post it. But I have the same sneaking suspicion that y memory is falling me an it's a little different than the one you and I have found. I remember looking for quite a while and seeing a common one all over the place, I think that's the common one and ours are slightly different.

Yeah i was sure ours wasnt square, i seem to remember its got one angled corner.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Kenho21

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 05:37:53 PM »
Yea, the more I think about it the more I think you're right, the angled corner sounds familiar. I'm 99% sure now that the one we've found isn't correct. If I'm wrong though I'm determined to find the right one, if and when I do I'll send one you're way.

OregonDad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 06:27:54 PM »
Old topic, old question.

I am glad you brought it back up.  I still haven't replaced the main jet yet and this gives me one more thing to watch out for.  What did you use if the gasket fails?  Tube of goo?

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 06:42:56 PM »
I have a kymco parts list somewhere, ill see if i can see it on there. Might even email Kymco and ask if i get no luck.

Mine is ok and doesnt leak but it has stretched a little and i want to fit a new one next time im in the carb.

Keep me posted if you find one  :)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Kenho21

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 07:44:50 PM »
I've wen to Kymcoprtsonline.com and looked at the schematics and from what I saw the one pictured in te schematics is the one that we have both found online but relieve is incorrect. It seems really weird but I'm 90% sure that's the case

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 08:37:32 PM »
Heres my image from my book compared to the one for sale,

Def looks the same to me now i can compare them.

Still i dont want all the other bits in the kit, just want the gasket, someone must sell that alone?  :-\

Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()