Author Topic: Has anyone had any experience with the Dr.pulley roller weight?  (Read 1634 times)

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
  It seems I'm going through rollers about every two months and although there aren't really any noticeable flat spots on them,it seems to affect acceleration by causing a hesitation before actually taking off,and by having a dead spot at somewhere between 35-40 mph.The variator is stock and I'm not at all above replacing it if it will yield any noticeable gains in performance.My question in the title of this post is are the Dr.pulley roller weights any better then standard ones (especially for twice the price),and if so,are there any difference in the way the scoot will rev with them? Also which variator do you guys recommend? Is this normal for rollers to show wear or performance degradation this soon? They are the Jasil rollers from moped hospital.Thanks for the help.

tablist180

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone had any experience with the Dr.pulley roller weight?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 06:18:12 PM »
Yes!

After having a Malossi Mutivar for 2 years I decided to drop in some sliders and it's day and night.  Better low end and better top end with smooth transition all the way through.

I signed up just to reply because they truly worked well on my Super9 and still do.  Wear is minimal and I only lost .02 mm off of the slider over the last year.

L Bo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 09:13:50 PM »
Good to hear, I too chew through roller weights and tired of getting the flat spots. I have used the Jasil and many others, they all seem to flatten out relatively quick.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 09:33:34 PM »
Had them in A125 for 900 kms and removed them.
One or two would get stuck when fully deployed and could not slide back into initial position.
Big disappointment.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 05:28:16 PM »
  Sorry for taking so long to reply.I have since spoken with Steve at moped hosptial and he seems to think my variator is worn out due to the mileage of the bike,roughly around 18,000 miles.So I'm going to buy the Jasil and see where it goes from here.I'll try to update when I get it installed.

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 04:21:54 PM »
  Ok guy,I have the Jasil installed now and so far so good.Initially before the change of variators I would put in a new set of rollers and would be fine for several weeks,then the dead spot would reappear.Now since installling the Jasil the dead spot is gone once again,and the acceleration curve is much smoother.That was with a new set of rollers,one of which came with the new variator.However since neither the 6.5,7.5,or 8.5 really was where I was before the change I decided to put the old rollers back to see what happened.It turns out they worked fine as well with no dead spot,so I'm thinking that the variator change was the ticket!!
  On another side note,I also changed out the clutch springs while I was at it.I did this after all my variator tests so as not to skew those results buy adding another variable to the test.I went to the 30% percent increased Jasil spring.There is no longer that weird hesitation from full throttle launch and is spools up quickly to about 8500 when you nail the dead stop takeoff.Between both modifications,I'm really happy with what I've done so far,and it runs so much better, I'm looking for an excuse to ride it more now!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()