Author Topic: Never ending carb tuning issues  (Read 1128 times)

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
Never ending carb tuning issues
« on: August 06, 2011, 02:14:33 AM »
So today I took apart my carb to change the jet out tinkered with the bow gasket and got it to seal good, put 2 new bolts on where the carb attaches to the cylinder (manifold I guess) and put my 95 jet in which I had in previously with no real problems. Took it for a ride around the block and now it won't get above 20-25mph. Just keeps bogging down and backfiring a tiny bit.

Any ideas on what this could be? Air leak or restricted air flow?

On a side note I modified my tube that runs from my foam filter to the carb a bit to allow a little better air flow (shaved a little rubber ring on the inside that was at a bend for extra strength) not sure if that could be the cause? Maybe shaved it a little too much and now it collapsing under pressure?

carburetors dont appear to be my area of expertise....
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

Kenho21

• View Profile
Re: Never ending carb tuning issues
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 02:19:47 AM »
Oh! also, it only does this while I am riding when on its stand it revs to pretty high RPM no problem...
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 05:20:13 PM »
I would think its a bit rich now.....BUT my dumb ass ::)
I would definately check for the air leak tho, then it'd be running lean
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

bmcafee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 10:34:59 PM »
not no derail the thread but were you able to purchase the 95 or did you have to drill it yourself? been looking for one and can only find 90.

Kenho21

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 03:27:10 AM »
Actually I just buy regular jets then give them to my neighbor who conveniently owns a company that makes the machines that make very small and precise holes in things such as jet turbines and fuel injectors so I can give him a jet and he can bore it to any size I want. Comes in pretty handy :)

But I have found a 95 on some sites online that I can't think of off hand right now. I'm not sure what country you're in but in the united states I can google "139qmb main jet" and some options will come up. Also at your local hardware store you should be able to find drill bits in sizes like 1.0mm 1.05mm and so on. The numbers represent decimals of millimeters.

Hope that helps let me know if you need anything else.

By the way I got my issue figured out. I think I was running too lean switched back to 106 jet and I'm back in action.

Kenho21

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 05:10:15 PM »
Hers's a link to the first on that came up on google with a 95 main jet.

http://www.superscooterparts.com/SPD/n-mp-07086-95--80002ECA-1279830895.jsp

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()