Author Topic: I need a quick price check on a 2007 Super 9, very much appreciated!  (Read 2233 times)

Con2k9

• View Profile
This guy is trying to get rid of his 2007 Kymco Super 9 scooter ASAP because he is about to move and I saw his ad and was interested in the purchase. I know nothing about scooters and just started looking into it all maybe a few days ago, but to me it seems like the Super 9 is one of the best out there.

Anyways, I just wanted to get a quick price check on it. It's got about 8,500 miles, it's liquid cooled, and he says it has no problems. He also says it comes with a few extra parts, such as extra plastics, battery, lights etc. For a 2007 model, how much is it worth? The pics he posted are a bit blurry but it looks like it's in pretty good condition, maybe it could use a bit of cleaning.

I was also wondering, about how many miles do these things last? 8,500 seems like a ton for it already, especially considering that I KBB'd it and a 2007 550cc-750cc motorcycle should be getting about that much, so a mere 50cc scooter should be a lot lower.

Quick responses would be nice, I'm meeting him tomorrow!  :o

Con2k9

• View Profile
Re: I need a quick price check on a 2007 Super 9, very much appreciated!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 10:11:00 AM »
EDIT: He wants me to meet him today in a couple of hours ><

Con2k9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 11:33:23 AM »
Ok so I've done some reading and apparently they don't make a 2007 liquid cooled model? In that case, could anyone tell me how I would be able to tell the difference between a liquid cooled model vs air cooled model? Also, how would I be able to tell if it's a 2007 model? Does it look any different than previous years? Thanks.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 11:42:33 AM »
05 was the last yr in the states for the L.C., they did make a 07 across the pond.....idk where you are, sounds like you were looking at the C.L in my area..lol... Look at the right side of the engine.... a fan shroud means A.C.... A wter pump means L.C.... OH hell no  :D 8500, is JUST getting broke in....i have 20,000 on mine, got 24000 on my zx...
The vin plate on the frame will tell you the yr of the frame anyway...no, they pretty much look the same thru all the yrs they were made, the color scheme(oem) will give yrs away also... I know 08 was either yellow/blue or matte black/"gold" and A.C... I'm THINKING it was yellow for 07
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Con2k9

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 01:10:05 PM »
I'm from DC lol. I'm going to pick it up in a few hours, hopefully it will squeeze into my SUV. I'm assuming it's LC because we went on a test ride yesterday and it was doing 55+ with 2 people, but I'll be sure to check the side to make sure it's LC. The main problem I had, besides a slightly big crack along the side, was the 8500 miles but hearing you've got 20000 and seeing others with 20+ as well is pretty reassuring, haha thank you. And it's got an orange/black color scheme. Can't wait to get it, It'll be my first!

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 05:14:09 PM »
If it's orange are you sure it's a 07?.. if so, it's gotta been across the ocean to get here..
I thought orange was out in 03.....CONGRATS on the purchase, you will love it... ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Con2k9

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 09:01:46 AM »
I went to go buy it with my dad but he said it was in too beat condition to purchase -_- ... fortunately nobody else has bought it off him yet. Do you know where I can by the plastic for it? And how much would a total body upgrade cost me?

And how about a new exhaust? That was kinda beat too.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 05:28:56 PM »
Oh man, bummer.... Yeah, stadiumyamaha.com has the panels...kymcoparts123.com has the panels, several pieces on ebay atm... ebay could or could not be cheaper.. several pieces i seen are a bit higher in price than a brand new piece... For ALL the body plastics, it'd prolly run about $300+.. That's ALL panels tho.. Was the whole dam thing just totalled or something...Come down ob YOUR price to him.. ;)...
The exhaust can be gotten at those same places but for the price you'd pay for a new oem pipe, why not go ahead and get a technigas next r and get some performance out of it also.... :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Con2k9

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 08:44:06 PM »
Haha ok thanks for all the help. He actually still has it available and I've been looking around for a Yamaha Zuma for cheap but if I can't find one of those, I'll take this Super 9.

L Bo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 09:17:37 PM »
Yeah I would jump all over the S9 especially if it's LC.......... they put out about 1HP more then the AC version. Not to mention they are more forgiving when tuning. Also it's probably 8,500 KM, not miles, as the speedo reads in KM. My '07 AC has 14,000+ KM and still runs strong. 

Good luck.

Con2k9

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 05:24:05 AM »
I am horrible at decision making >_<

I have been trying to find a Zuma lately and I had one in my grasps but it was sold before I could get to it. I think I will just settle on this Super 9. I'll have to double check if it's 8k miles or km but either way, that number scares me. And the horrible condition it's in is also a pretty big turn off, but I'm thinking I'll get it anyways. A little bit of fine tuning on my part might make it more worthy. Power wise, I can't wait to get it. The aesthetics are just a blower. But anyways, I think I actually am going to go pick it up tomorrow morning. I'll post pics once I get it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()