Author Topic: Newbie in the UK  (Read 1515 times)

Dabble

• View Profile
Newbie in the UK
« on: August 09, 2011, 07:35:28 PM »
Hi to you all, I have just bought a Kymco 125 Sector Crusier, this is my 1st motorbike, up to now I have been into customising cars, but wanted a change, there are only a few 125 Sectors in the UK.
Hope to hear from you.

frankiej1949

• View Profile
Re: Newbie in the UK
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 03:12:44 PM »
Hi
I just bought the Downtown 300i after having my SYM GTS250i stolen. What a great scoot I thought the SYM was good but the DT is way better. Where are you in the UK? I am in Manchester does not seem to be a lot of UK DT owners on the site. Anyway happy scooting I am certain you will enjoy it.
Frank

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 12:57:30 AM »
frankie...so sorry to hear about the swollen scoot.....did you have insurance to cover it?

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 09:53:29 AM »
Welcome dabble. Im in Glasgow. Hope your new bike is still there after your riots  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

frankiej1949

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 01:12:28 PM »
Hi Roboscoot
Yes I did thank god but I will be whacked when I renew. I am really sorry to say that I am pleased its gone otherwise I would never have had the pleasure of riding the DT300i, i know its a terrible thing to say but the DT is awesome. :-[

Kymsec99

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 12:24:27 PM »
If you are still out there and hav that rare Sector.....Just bought one myself! Not on road yet. Cuple things sorted, New front tyre, loosen chain/cleand and oiled. New headlight...messed up wiring, but took for inspection and MOT. Failed on headlight, loose steering head and crumbled front pads!
Steering quick fix, headlight will be sorted by MOT station, front brake....hmmm!
Fitted new pads, brake bleed fail! Caliper pistons removed/cleaned/refitted. I did a reverse bleed, then normal bleed...still no pressure! WAS WORKING FINE BEFORE! Looks like my master cylinder has no guts and may have slight blockage still...was very blocked.
Sourcing new unversal M/Cylinder online and getting new caliper pistons too..just incase.
  When I travelled the 16 miles to the MOT, the bike struggled, the 1st 2. Stopped for fuel, wouldn't start for 1o minutes, then suddenly fires up! Dirt in carb methinks, ohwell just keep going and pray. Got to MOT ok, failed ofcourse. Ride back, I decided to ride normal and try it out a bit. Gotta say, it went really well! Carb clear. Pootling along flat road in 5th at 40mph...longish medium steep hill, down to 4th gear....pulled nicely and hitting near 50mph near top of hill!
Just waiting for my parts to fit, then its MOT time!

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 03:23:17 PM »
Well done for persevering. You will be legit soon.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 with Tapatalk

2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

Endurance Rider

• Kymco Konvert
  • X-iting 400 Gen 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 05:20:57 AM »
Downtown 300 owner down here in Maidstone.

Oh yeah.
Ironbutts X 9 1000 miles plus in 24 hours

Bum Burner x 1 1500 miles in 36 hours

Scooter Cannonball 2012.

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 07:18:57 AM »
I'm a fairly recent Downtown owner and up in Moray. This year was about finding my way around the bike and seeing how it was on medium length runs. Next year I hope to have some longer trips away.

Its a chilly-ish one this morning, but promising to warm up and with bright sunshine I might be tempted into a wee run  in the hills.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()