Author Topic: New ZX50 owner with a few questions  (Read 9020 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: New ZX50 owner with a few questions
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 11:54:55 PM »
Yeah, the plug chops were a bit confusing to me but once you finally see the ring, you'll know. You'll need a place to do one for sure... :D Again, you may not need to upjet with just the pipe.. Adding the filter for sure.
Any of the links so far will have those roller kits. I had ordered a cheap one myself and it's held up o far.
That way you can spend the good money for the best rollers and they won't fall apart on you like some cheap ones out there. ;)
That's a good thing that your pipe doen't have the "cone" in it. ;)
Have you ever checked the wheel ratio?... (mark the wheel and clutch bell at a point, rotate the tire untill they line up again. Count the clutch turns vs the one wheel turn). I do believe some of the zx's had different gear ratios.
I do believe you're just going to have to "bite the bullet" and "jump in with both feet". Get the filter installed, check plug, get a roller kit, Stiffer springs in the cvt... 1000 main....1500 clutch springs if not 2000. Then maybe we can get you to checking the squish band. ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 12:08:00 AM »
Jump in, both feet,,,,,throw a kit on that bitch. :)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

pcslayer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 09:57:52 AM »
Yeah you guys are right, I think I'm gonna have to splurge on a Kit. Which one should I get? Same with the carb. It looks like the stock one is a pain to rejet, so which one should I get?
2005 Kymco ZX50

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 11:04:05 AM »
Well, thats not totally what i meant.. :D
But yep, a kit is a night and day difference(if done correctly)
Think about the carb this way....the oem only has 1 jet to mess with.. ;D... Thanks to zombie, i was able to start drilling my own jets on the oem
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

pcslayer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 08:00:10 PM »
Well so much for trying to get that rear whell off. Impossible! Me, a really strong buddy and a 2ft breaker bar couldn't do it. What to do?

BTW, would this work for a BBK?

http://vtcycles.com/vtc_plugins/e107shop/product_details.php?product=53&cat=13

Or should I get somehing else? A link (or links) would be very helpful. I've tried on my own but I am not sure what I am looking at.
2005 Kymco ZX50

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 09:07:07 PM »
Get ahold of an impact gun and it'll come right off.. ;)
Here is the kit i have/had here. This is probably 1 of the 2 best kits out there.
http://www.provoscooter.com/scooters/kymco/kymco-zx-50-2t-ac.html?classification=139

Here is the 2nd best? it's alum tho..
http://www.mhr-usa.com/index.php?target=mopeds&mode=mopeds_search&subcats=Y&cid=564&moped_brand_id=128&moped_model_id=551

The one you linked to would work.. Would need sids verification if he DID use the 50mm kit with oem crank. I seen a kit there at VT that did not mention changing the crank like the kit you picked. It was listed at $110
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
re: my lil" red demon
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 12:04:12 AM »
I can't go to the link posted, but, the 50mm I used from autotech355 I used my stock crank and I think that was my problem. The thing is that it depends on the piston, whether it will clear the ports at bdc.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 01:55:57 AM »
Hey guys. Pc Read thru all the older zx topics, as EVERYTHING you are asking has been gone over. Bats Pict of the pipe washer is spot on> If you have one in there you can knock it out w/ a cold chisel. Light rollers allow more rpms sooner keeping the scoot in a lower gear range. The only time lite is bad is when they are too lite. Then you will loose top end. If you don't feel comfy doing chops then DON'T mess w/ the pipe or intake or you will be posting a parts scoot. It is cool to post your build, but PLEASE read everything before buying cool parts. If you are not sure of your skills don't try it and hope. READ READ READ. We will all help you but you have to do your homework.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 02:04:23 AM »
Heh, I was a pain in the arse, eh.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 02:17:25 AM »
I think your thread is the longest, and most detailed. It is a great place to start for pcslayer. It just gets old typing the same answers. You are NEVER a pain Sid!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2011, 02:44:09 AM »
Must be the longest welcome thread in internet forum history.:)

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2011, 11:37:29 AM »
Heh, I was a pain in the arse, eh.

HEY, I thought that was MY job. I'm surprised word and shaka STILL talk to me...LMAO
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 12:37:11 AM »
Us "Heros" must stick together bro. The Toidies won't talk to me anymore soooooooo. Chip, Chip blokes!   Ps. "What is that hole for?" Jpres! Any idea?

pcslayer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2011, 06:36:47 AM »
Wow, the rear wheel nut finally came off. I had to take it to a shop to get it done. Even with an impact wrench it took the guy half an hour to loosen it. Anyways, I was doing 42.5mph before, now with the new rear tire I am at 44mph. Not a big improvement but it still counts. I am going with the pod air filter next and play with roller weight sizes some more.

Question for bat, you said to use a #90 jet after putting in the pod filter, but I recently read (can't remember where) that the scoot has a #90 jet in it's stock form. Did you say that because when yours was stock there was a smaller jet in there?

If mine then has a #90 stock, what # do you recommend I start off with after installing the pod filter? Keep in mind that I also have the Next R installed.

And there is only a main jet that can/should be changed, right?
2005 Kymco ZX50

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 11:05:08 AM »
I'm thinking the zx comes with like a #80mj...It will be stamped on the jet itself when you get it out..
If you do happen to have a 90, do a plug read and see what it looks like and if needed then try a #94..
Yeah, on that carb, the pilot jet is stationary.(it's only a brass "rod")
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()