Author Topic: Headlight Bulb - H4 or S2?  (Read 48905 times)

ScooterBus

• View Profile
Re: Headlight Bulb - H4 or S2?
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2011, 05:54:49 AM »
I believe you push in and rotate clockwise to remove the bulb from the housing. Be care full not to force it since I broke my housing trying to get it back in that’s one reason I changed to a HID housing and bulb. Good luck.

kymco

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2012, 09:49:21 AM »
How does this work?  Really, I haven't seen much of anything for the S2 bulb...seems like it is really outdated or something?

Also, HID headlights are usually pretty expensive from what I've seen.

Hid kits are very cheap now,you can find them for 60$ everywhere on internet now.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 06:01:04 PM by kymco »

OregonDad

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 03:30:00 AM »
I ordered one of these blue tip S2 bulbs http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xenon-Lamp-35W-BA20d-ATV-Quad-Scooter-Headlight-/150514556631?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item230b5dded7 for my sons Agility 50.  I will let you know how it works.

Emil

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 12:28:41 AM »
My headlight also just blew.

I found these two:

A Halogen bulb on Amazon, does anyone here think it would work?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00710481Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A33TCMZEAWOM9U

This one looks pretty much like the original
http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lamp6235b.html

OregonDad, did the one from Ebay work out for you?

Also, I am wondering if anyone here could find replacements in local stores. I Really don't feel like waiting for a week or so...

-emil

DenniSMC

• View Profile
Headlight Bulb - H4 or S2?
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2013, 03:48:16 PM »

I got tired of the light issues quickly. So I put an AdvMonster model 30 led on.

mario551

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2013, 04:49:46 PM »
Hi. How is it now with the new light?, it's supposed to be a spot light. I wonder if it blinds the upcoming drivers.

DenniSMC

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2013, 05:46:25 PM »
I bought the spot because it was a spot.  I have it pointed down(3 car lengths range) to avoid blinding people.  I also run it off the high beam.  That pretty much keeps it around 50% power.  I did not know that headlight power lead was dimmer until I hit the flasher button and the LED doubled in brightness.  I was not aiming for more light down the road,  but brighter light in the 3 car lengths range. 

The old rule of driving is not to go faster than you headlight range.  Since I putt around in the 40 mph range I did noo see the need to have headlights that lit up 100 yards.  I did a video showing the Model 60 Floods on my KLR.  There are crazy bright.

I will shoot a video tonight with the model 30 on my scooter.  The weaker the headlight the better the LEDs seem.  I now have the same Model 60's on my VStrom and they don't seem anywhere as powerful as they did on the KLR.  The help, its not as dramatic. 

DenniSMC

• View Profile
Headlight Bulb - H4 or S2?
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2013, 01:52:04 AM »

Here is a quick video. I strongly recommend wiring it off the battery directly. It puts out much more light.

Aceforever

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 11:52:25 AM »
Hey guys, I don't know much about the headlight bulbs. But every time I get the old one replaced, the new bulb doesn't last that long. Sometimes 2-3 months then I have to replace it again. That's at least 4-6 bulbs a year.

Is this right?

Thanks in advance

terminalbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2013, 12:02:20 AM »
I have just ordered a CREE SMD LED 10 watt headlight bulb form ledsnow through eBay. It is rated at about 700/1000 lumens of white 6000K light with very long service life. The stock 35/35 watt bulb rated life is 100 hours and subject to filiment vibration failure which the LED is not. We will see if it lights the road better, sure can't be worse than the stock bulb and it will give me 25 extra watts for more LED lights if necessary.
2013 Agility 125 Blue

mario551

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2013, 01:12:30 AM »
I have just ordered a CREE SMD LED 10 watt headlight bulb form ledsnow through eBay. It is rated at about 700/1000 lumens of white 6000K light with very long service life. The stock 35/35 watt bulb rated life is 100 hours and subject to filiment vibration failure which the LED is not. We will see if it lights the road better, sure can't be worse than the stock bulb and it will give me 25 extra watts for more LED lights if necessary.

The problem I've encountered every time I tried to change the type of bulb for a given lamp is that every reflector has a focal point that has to match the position where the bulb concentrates the most amount of light. When this point is shifted I've found that the projector most times does not do a good job in directing the beam where it's supposed to be on the road. Good luck and please let us know about your results.

DenniSMC

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2013, 01:36:09 AM »
The problem I've encountered every time I tried to change the type of bulb for a given lamp is that every reflector has a focal point that has to match the position where the bulb concentrates the most amount of light. When this point is shifted I've found that the projector most times does not do a good job in directing the beam where it's supposed to be on the road. Good luck and please let us know about your results.

Agreed.  This is why I hung up the whole idea and put the LED's spots on the bike.  I put them where the blinkers were and put yellow bulbs in the flashers and wired them as blinkers.

Emil

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2013, 05:21:20 PM »
Had the focal point problem too with this bulb from Amazon. It was really bright but it was pointing ways too high. Strangely it was better when I turned on the high beam. Worse of all it created a heat problem. When the bulb finally broke, the solder at the socket was partially melted. I am surprised that it didn't create any damage on the scooter.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 05:25:09 PM by Emil »

terminalbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2013, 06:48:24 PM »
Thank you for your comments. Yes the reflector is the main factor aiming filiment bulbs and excess heat is a problem with halogen and higher wattage bulbs. The reason I chose this particular bulb to test was the fact that the 10 watt SMD LED is mounted flat and facing out forward through it's own lens, sort of like a projector it is not dependent on the stock reflector.
2013 Agility 125 Blue

terminalbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2013, 07:02:03 PM »
Pictures
2013 Agility 125 Blue

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()