Author Topic: belt too long?!?!!?  (Read 12425 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
re: belt too long?!?!!?
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2011, 05:26:25 PM »
Nah, he purchased a new belt and it is too long.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: belt too long?!?!!?
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2011, 07:06:20 PM »
@sid, got the complete pulley, ready to fit with torque spring & clutch etc all inc from ebay for £24 brand new.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2011, 07:20:26 PM »
Link? I don't need the clutch, but if that is included, so be it.

bmcafee

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2011, 11:28:59 PM »
okay guys took it back apart and took another look. the belt is now 810mm when I bought it it was 729 i messured it befor buying. The distance from the center of the cam stud and the clutch stud is 10 inch or 255mm. I dont know how to post a pic here but the belt is touching the outer cvt case alot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2011, 11:47:16 PM »
@sid,i got mine over 3 months ago from a UK seller,cant remember his name. Had a quick look there on ebay and there are still some there in the US. Dont know if thats any good for you getting them to Aus? Try them anyway if you want, heres a couple of links i found, prob more out there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clutch-Bell-Assembly-GY6-50cc-Clutch-Moped-Go-Kart-ATV-/400229756327?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d2f8d6da7

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50cc-GY6-Clutch-Scooter-Moped-49cc-Four-Stroke-Eton-ATV-/150455682847?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_100&hash=item2307db871f

Chaos is my co-pilot.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2011, 01:48:12 AM »
Thanks streido, will have a look when I get a chance. bmcafee, I will take my cover off when I can and measure mine. Mine is a zx50, but I am pretty sure the clutches are the same unit, different variators though, I think. That is a big stretch for the belt, have you spoken to the seller about replacing it with a servicable one? That one is not up to par.

bmcafee

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2011, 07:20:08 AM »
I was not sure what the norm was on streching. I was dissapointed though when as soon a I signed the recipt the clerck said no refunds. I took a second and though that it might be fishy but was unsure. It does seem quite extreme. What killed me as soon as i fittes the new belt it was too long though. what is the average stretch for a belt? and thanks for the reply

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2011, 08:17:21 AM »
My old stock belt was years old, had stretched from 729mm to maybe 730mm at most. I would never have expected it possible for any belt to stretch 8cm, sounds impossible, are you 100% sure you got the measuring right? I thought it would snap before stretching as much as you said?

If all measurements are correct then the belt MUST be faulty and you would be due a refund no matter what the shop says since the goods were not fit for purpose and were faulty. I would be straight onto the shop asap to demand a free replacement.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2011, 09:08:04 AM »
Don't ask for a refund, ask for a belt that is the correct length, you bought a belt that was 729mm long, not 800mm. What brand was the belt? Sounds like someone has picked up a bunch of rejects and selling them as the correct item.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2011, 12:21:20 PM »
if ya cant find a belt call jenny she hooked me up and im all good the frist time around. are you guys rideing or are you all stell looking for a belt. you guys must be geting upset with your belts by now.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2011, 12:36:38 PM »
Not me blue, I am running stock belt now and have a 729 and a 732 belt for spare. :)
Would like to try a 748, but that will have to wait until next time I have a spare parts buying urge.

bmcafee

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2011, 05:27:41 PM »
Sid The belt I got was in plastic it said Kymco on it and the belt itself had bando and kymco on it. They said that it was a replacment for the stock one. I will try to give Jenny a call. I think she left her number in a post blue started a week or two ago.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2011, 10:16:07 PM »
Not me blue, I am running stock belt now and have a 729 and a 732 belt for spare. :)
Would like to try a 748, but that will have to wait until next time I have a spare parts buying urge.

spare is good. now I have a spare also thats why its good to replace befor they go to bad just so you can have a spare. I need to rebuld my spare carb so I can throw it in for the winter.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2011, 10:27:13 PM »
bmcafee, take the belt back and ask for a replacement, it is faulty. With a part like that they will say no refund, that is fair enough, but that one is faulty. Replacing a faulty item is not the same as a refund for a wrong choice.

bmcafee

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2011, 10:48:06 PM »
nice I'll give it a shot

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()