Author Topic: Engine Fault Code 01 - on LCD  (Read 24765 times)

woodbar

• View Profile
Engine Fault Code 01 - on LCD
« on: August 12, 2011, 11:32:11 PM »
I have noticed sometimes when I start the engine I get the engine outline icon in the middle of the LCD display with "01" next to it?

I thought it was maybe when I press the starter before the instruments have done their "self test" routine but I notice I get it at other times as well?

I have turned the ignition on and waited for the engine LED to go out - it does not  flash any codes so I assume evrything is OK - but I don't understand why I sometimes get this "01" on the display.

Anybody got any thoughts?

racewalker

• View Profile
Re: Engine Fault Code 01 - on LCD
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 02:53:39 AM »
The code list I have starts at 06. I am not sure what 01 would be. Have your dealer connect his diag unit and see what he gets. The diag unit for this machine is Diagnostic tool Part Number: 3620A-LEB2-E00. This is from my service manual. If I had the error on mine I could hook my unit up and test. So far all I have is the orange one on the tack and that is from me rewiring my low beam lights directly to the battery. Sorry I can't be of more help.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 02:05:03 PM »
Have seen that as well but it goes away quickly.................

waiDEE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 12:06:43 AM »
hi i'm using DT 200i from Malaysia...

i also facing this problem since July 2012...i started use this scooter about Jan 2012...
i also get '10' code other than '01' code...the problem is there is no expertise for Kymco in Malaysia rite now...they just sell the scooter but lack in after sales service and spareparts...

please somebody help me!!!

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 05:04:29 AM »
I have turned the ignition on and waited for the engine LED to go out - it does not  flash any codes so I assume evrything is OK - but I don't understand why I sometimes get this "01" on the display.

I believe that it must be on the center stand with the side stand retracted in order to blink any codes and also the kill/run switch must be in the run position.  Did you turn the ignition on with bike on the center stand when you checked for flashing codes?
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

Sideshow

• Reading, PA
    • View Profile
    • My web site
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 02:10:31 AM »
I too have gotten that code..

JMV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 08:21:30 PM »
Just did a search to see why I am getting error codes "01" and "10." They appear when the DT300i is sitting for a little why and also quickly go away. Sometimes my engine also idles very low (sub 1000rpm) like it's going to stall and everything picks up and goes to normal. It would be nice if someone could shed some light on the issue. I'm waiting for my dealer to call me back with a response. I'll post it if they get back to me...

JMV

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 08:33:38 PM »
The dealer contacted me back after getting in touch with KYMCO USA. My sales rep explained that sometimes when you put the kickstand down or use the kill switch to shut off scooter it scrambles the ECU. He then stated that the KYMCO rep said to turn the key off instead of shutting the vehicle off the other two ways I mentioned. The dealer also mentioned that this code is not one that is typically listed and if my problem continues then they will need to further investigate. I still think this is strange given that this is my second 2013 DT300i and the previous one I had didn't do this. I'll try to remember to keep any further findings posted.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 08:35:26 PM by JMV »

JMV

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 03:46:34 AM »
KYMCO USA got back in touch with my dealer; you can reference the following info:
The 1 and 10 failure codes belong to the ABS system, please refer to the chart as below:

SantaCruzScooterGal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 03:40:32 AM »
Hi. I just bought a 2012 DT 300i that does not have ABS.  After my 600mile service and install of heated handgrips, I now get a Code 01 or 10 when starting it up periodically.  I commute on this 80 miles a day up and down pretty harsh mountain traffic.  The nearest service dealer is 70 miles away so hoping I can solve this on my own.  Maybe a wire default?

SaltyDog

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 05:24:49 AM »
Mine did this over the past weekend too.  Performed the TPS reset procedure, and it hasn't done it since - but I wouldn't be sure that it's fixed since I've only ridden it twice since.

I'm also not sure that the codes listed in the ABS table may be applicable, as those "DTC" codes are different from "CELP" codes.  For example, from the service manual there are two different listings for Code 12:

--> "DTC"  Code 12 from the ABS diagnostic table = "Power Supply Malfunction (Under Voltage), while
--> "CELP" Code 12 = Faulty WTS (water temperature)  <<--  I would think this is the one we are seeing in our LCD panel?

SantaCruzScooterGal - if it's HWY 17 you commute, these links may come in handy:

http://sccrtc.org/services/motorist/  (up to Santa Clara county line), and
http://www.fsp-bayarea.org/index.htm (points beyond)

They offer free roadside assistance and limited towing service during commute hours along 17.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 06:46:09 AM by SaltyDog »

SaltyDog

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 06:42:47 AM »
Stumbled across this YouTube video that demonstrated this error, and how to clear it:

1. Put bike on center stand.
2. Turn on ignition (kill switch in "RUN" position)
3. Wait 10 seconds
4. Full throttle
5. Wait 10 seconds
6. Release throttle
7. Wait 5 seconds (CELP Light should blink twice)
8. Turn off ignition

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 06:45:17 AM by SaltyDog »

mjrii87

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 07:52:57 PM »
Hi guys my name is James I live in Seoul. I just got a new Kymco Downtown 125i...

I too get error codes 01 and 06 from time to time. I am thinking I will take my bike into the shop soon as I am concerned by these code and a few other things.

1) From the day I got the bike it had very low fuel from the store and the 3 block drive to the fuel station it had very low power and with open throttle the engine would not respond. The store owner came out and put in a bit of fuel that he took from my trade in and it got us to the fuel station. However from time to time especially on colder days I give it half to full throttle and the engine just does not seem to want to rev up....

2) I hear a rattle around 5k RPM. If it is on the center stand it will never do it. Perfectly quiet. It sounds like I have picked up some gravel or something and its stuck in some paneling somewhere... I really am 90% sure this is what it is but still thought it was worth mentioning.

3) I have done some small electrical mods. I have some LED accent lighting (less than 2 amps at most) on the sides and front for looks and safety as well as added two led powered fogs to the front that are 0.7 amps each. Last is a top case with led brake lights. Top case is wired to the brake wire on the rear tail, led accents are powered from the tail running light, and the fogs (and small front accent LED) are wired to the power from my headlights. I do this as LED have such low draw their should be no issues, and I of course know a bit about electrical from working on bikes and cars in the past to know that the lighting circuit is completely separated from the engines electrical system.

If anyone has some thoughts please let me know and I would REALLY like to know what those error codes mean.

mitch

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 08:23:50 AM »
Hi.

I bought my DT in January this year and after a 1000 miles or so I noticed either the icon engine / error 01 or 10 code showing upon starting.

The code vanished after a few seconds.

I checked with Kymco UK technical department, via the dealership, and they said the codes were ABS fault codes and nothing to worry about as my DT is not equipped with ABS.

The dealer has been given a fix by Kymco and so I will taker her in sometime although I am wondering if the fix may give rise to other gremlins in the computer system.
Mitch.

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 01:36:47 AM »
My DT200 used to throw those codes and my bike doesn't have ABS. After using it for 6mths, they have stopped popping up.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()