Author Topic: How much do you think this is worth?  (Read 3136 times)

Joish

• View Profile
    • Joish
How much do you think this is worth?
« on: December 15, 2008, 11:19:47 PM »
Could you tell me how much you would pay for this scooter?

It was bought in July 2007 and has 1500 miles on the clock, thats all I know, so far..

They want £850 for it and I'm going to see it on Wednesday  8)

My opinion is: at my local dealer I can get a new Super 9 + TPO insurance (£99) + what ever they might throw in :) for £1300.

The cheapest insurance quote I'm getting at the minute is £261 for TPO on the 'GoCompare' comparison site. So say if I pay asking for the second hand Super 9 (£850) and my insurance will be £261 that means the total for the scooter pictured above would be £1111. So, according to my logic I would rather cash out the extra £189 for a new one  :-\  I think £400 for the scooter above would be a fair price  8) What do you guys think?  ;D

Thanks, Josh

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
Re: How much do you think this is worth?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 02:36:55 AM »
Wonder why they're selling it already?  Are the new Super 9 scooters still liquid cooled where you are?  Here in the United States they switched to an air cooled engine because it was already "EPA" certified, and the liquid cooled engines were not.  If it's between the air cooled and liquid cooled bike, I would go with the liquid cooled.  They also have rear disc brakes, which the AC ones don't have.

It's a nice bike. :)  I think you'll like it.  I have an LC Super 9, you can see it in this forum.

Cheers!

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

OldGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 02:34:48 PM »
Let's see. At the current exchange rate 189 GBP is about $290 US. Yeah, I think I'd go with a new one. No warranty hassles and you know it hasn't been abused. On the down side you do have to go through the break-in period and pay for the first service (Assuming the warranty is pretty much the same in England as here in the colonies. ;D
OldGuy
Wanna be GrandVista rider

Inside every old person is a young person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"

getonit

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 11:21:54 AM »
Hey Josh,

Ya, I would buy new unless you can get a better price on the '07.  I only wish we could get the lc on this side of the pond.  It's getting harder and harder to find a clean lc super 9 over here... I'm trying to build up a "stash" 'cause they aren't around new anymore.  I even tried to order one from Canada and a Derbi GPR online from England, but of course never herd anything back.  Oh well...

Good Luck
... and Rock On!

bwfcben

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 10:15:22 PM »
whats the big difference between liquid cooled and aircooled?- is there a difference in reliability?

getonit

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 10:38:03 PM »
The older lc has a rear disk break, tachometer, better lights ( w/ hi beam), and of course it's liquid cooled.  It also has about 1 extra horse, which is a lot when you're only talking about 3 or 4 total. 

As far as reliability the ac is very good, but liquid cooling is a big plus... especially if it's modded of used in hot weather.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 09:26:43 PM »
THE LC IS A GREAT SCOOTER
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 10:46:38 PM by 0BARK4322 »
ALL STOCK

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 09:43:26 PM »
Buy it! Ask if they have another one, and but it too. I see $290.00 on a prior post! Is that the asking price? Buy three! http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle   Use that site to find the US retail value. It is regional so you can use 32322 for the Zip Code. Just off the top of my head I would give up to a grand for a pristine s9, couple of years old in great shape $700.00. BUT it's my favorite 50cc.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 07:46:59 PM »
THE LC IS A GREAT SCOOTER

...nice lookin' scoot obark!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()