Author Topic: new problem!  (Read 866 times)

jaws

• View Profile
new problem!
« on: August 25, 2011, 10:35:27 PM »
So after my scooter is warmed up, it seems to fall on its face when im taking off from a stop sign. If I take off slow, it revs fine, but if I floor it, it stutters and almost dies. I tried cleaning the carb, but it didn't seem to help. Any thoughts?

blue

• View Profile
Re: new problem!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 01:00:19 AM »
try puting a little oil on the spring by the throttle wire next to the carb.maybe its sticking.

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 02:13:53 AM »
I have simmilar problem. When engine warms up, scooter stals and then dies. unable to start it again for 10 mins.
cleaned and adjusted carb, checked spark plug and inspected vacuum lines. all seems ok, but it happens on a very hot days(40+ degrees celsius)
and I think it's overheating and cutting itself off to prevent damage.no problem driving on evening when temperature drops.

It started just after I switched to motul scooter expert 10W 40(I found oil grade-temperature diagram in user manual suggesting 15W 50 grade on 40+ temperatures and truth is I had no the problems with this grade no matter what temperature is)
Also I installed ngk iridium plug CR7HIX(far beyond my expectations considering high price compared to CR7HSA), but I also tryed original champion and cr7hsa and problem continued.

Switched back to 15W 50 and turning engine off on traffic lights and I had no more problems like this.

Hope this helps!

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 02:27:52 AM »
and try blowing compressed air through all carb passages . I stripped my carb completely and washed base in warm water and soap :-) and then used air compressor and it worked much better after this.

also I readjusted idle mixture srew form 2 1/2 to 2 turns and seems it's better like that for hot weather(ring at the top of threads where electrode is welded too had very black color with some soot?, pointing me idle mixture was rich and now it's fine. 

jaws

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 01:41:08 AM »
Well i think i found the problem. It seems the diaphragm slide in the carb is getting stuck in the up position after riding at full throttle, and when i come to a stop sign, the diaphragm slide is still up and the scooter bogs/stalls when i twist the throttle again. I put a little oil on the sliding part of the diaphragm, and it helped for a little while, until the fuel washes the oil off, then the diaphragm slide sticks again, and the bogging/stalling returns. Im not sure what to do to fix this problem. Will a carb from a honda ruckus work on the agility?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()