Author Topic: Speedometer  (Read 1472 times)

Spwoody

• View Profile
Speedometer
« on: August 29, 2011, 03:53:15 PM »
I recently temporarily attached a GPS to my 09 GV and noticed a little difference between the GV speedometer and the speed read on the GPS. The scooter is 3-5 mph slower than the GPS. Has anyone else noticed that their speedometer seems to be a little slow? Is there a way to adjust the speedometer? As long as I know this, it's not a big deal, especially in this direction.

Thanks.
Scott
2009 Red Grandvista
Northeast, MD (near PA & DE)

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
Re: Speedometer
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 05:48:39 PM »
Reading slow is unusual, but as long as you have an electronic speed sensor then you can buy the universal Speedo Healer and correct your speed.  Unfortunately it will also change your odometer - so choose which one you want to have more accurate.

Did you put a larger diameter than stock tire on the front?  That would make the speedometer read slower...
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 07:35:24 PM »
Urbestfriend's 2004 Grandvista does not have an Electronic Pick-up, but my Xciting 250 does and that one
is pretty much always messed up.  Our of 7 vehicles that we have,  2 Cars,  a truck and 4 scooters.  Only an
Audi Quartro we have is right on.  I ride the Xciting all the time with a GPS I bought especially for that bike.

bunker buster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 05:52:01 AM »
On my 2007 GV the disparity is even more. 75MPH on GV is 65MPH on my Tom Tom GPS. 80 MPH on GV is 70MPH on Tom GPS. Wish the GV has a calibration button.

Just curious is the odometer reading of GV accurate?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()