Author Topic: rattling noise  (Read 1336 times)

671agility50

• View Profile
rattling noise
« on: August 30, 2011, 03:29:19 AM »
Hey all, thanks for the help on my CDI mod...Ive got a new problem now. Whenever i ride i hear a rattling noise coming from the left rear side of my agility 50...it seems to have gotten worse since a few weeks back when it started. Ive also notice a 5 - 10 mph loss of power and a decrease in power when taking off...someone told me that it could be the belt wearing...could that be the cause of the rattle???
on a side note, i also feel a rubbing vibration that i think might be from the brakes... i really dont know but it seems to coincide with the tire revolution...it happens more the faster i go.
any and all help is greatly appreciated as this is my only mode of transport...thanks

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: rattling noise
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 03:42:16 PM »
You really need to take the cvt cover off and have a look inside to see if there is anything obvious wrong on theret
Check the belt, take off the clutch bell and clutch and check them and the clutch springs for any damage.

Take off the variator and check that for damage, check the rampplate and its plastic guides (plate behind variator to hold rollers in).

With the cover off you can turn the rear wheel by hand and see if anything rubs at the clutch.

Could be any number of things, without stripping it down it would be hard to guess.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 06:42:54 PM »
x 2 and if everything seams ok there then .I would take off the back tire and look at your brake pads and springs. check the leval on your gear oil as well.

bmcafee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 07:52:29 PM »
also make sure that the kick start main gear spring is not bad and allowing it is make contact. This was happening to me. I also noticed the vibration rattling and sometimes when I hit a bump it made a tick noise. Good luck.

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 08:08:07 PM »
I think it's a wrong belt. if you've changed it, try puting the old one and see what's happens.

671agility50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 06:14:12 AM »
thanks for the advise guys...it sounds like ive got my work cut out for me...i dont know much about the 'ped at all, so this should be interesting. much apreciation all around!!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()