Author Topic: HELP!!! Mods/Derestrictions = worse performance on 2011 Super 8 50cc 2T  (Read 35855 times)

rellek

• View Profile
Re: HELP!!! Mods/Derestrictions = worse performance on 2011 Super 8 50cc 2T
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 12:48:53 AM »
I own the 2011 kymco super 8 2t. I weight the same as you and here is what I have done and the order I did them in and it worked very well for me.
1) Replaced the variator with the molossi kit (I used everything in the kit and it gave me more bottom end and top speed)

2) Replaced the carb with a arreche 19mm carb and 65 main jet (again in creased the power throgh out)

3) Replaced the exhaust with the technigas next r pipe (I noticed the most from this mod but it was because it made all the other mods better

4) Up jetted to a 70 and removed the snorkel from the airbox and opened the hole a little.  There is a square hole in the bottom of the airbox, if you look inside its round I took a dremal and removed the plastic so it was square.

5) Replaced the 9 gram round molossi weights with 9 gram Dr pulley sliders. (I lost some top end from this as I found out later a should have went a gram or  2 heavier then the round weights. I got 10 gram ones on the way

6) Up jeted to a 75 and installed a open air filter. I bought the air filter from a local shop and it more open then thestock box but its a pos. Stay away from doppler air filters. It runs a little on the rich side but just need a new air filter I also adjusted the needle jet on the carb by moving it to the last notch. This raises the needle higher giving more gas in the mid range and it helped

7) Installed new mollossi clutch spring. I got the pack with 3 diiferent kinds. I wanted to iinstall the white ones to match my torque spring that came with the variator. But while trying to install them one got away and shot off after losing my grip with needle nose plyers so I installed the ones that where a little stiffer cant remember the color

With all this done I top out at around 45mph (should top out at 50 with the 10 gram dr pulley sliders) I can go up hills at 40 mph. All this performance up grades has stressed the reeds to the point the need replaced so I ordered carbon fiber ones today. I also need to up grade to a carbon fiber belt and that should help to due to the fact there wider, plus my stock belt is getting eaten alive because it wasn't designed to do what its doing. And Im going to get a good open airfilter I should be able to hit 55mph on a long straight flatwhen Im done.

So if I do these mods first, but find that I still want more, do you guys think it would it be easy to upgrade to a 70cc kit from here?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 01:37:09 AM »
...dunno, but theres a ...probly 2010 s8 near me that kicks my a50's ass...

..gotsa tech pipe..oem airbox...he moves on pretty quick, but will never stop...

..aint seen him since i gots my s9s....

..waiting patiently....

;)
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 03:23:42 AM »
So if I do these mods first, but find that I still want more, do you guys think it would it be easy to upgrade to a 70cc kit from here?

The issue is this... You have to do the kit first or everything you tunning the cvt is wasted. Your var/clutch/belt will be fine but the rollers/springs will need to be changed.
I would get a 70cc pipe, and a 19/20/21mm carb. first. That will give you power to convert thru the cvt, and tuning will be real close to a kit later. So you could tune the cvt to a breathing 50cc and still make decent torque. Later if you want a kit just swap, and ride.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

rellek

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 04:07:04 AM »
Zombie, as well as all you other contributors,  you are tremendous asset to the forum and I think I speak for most of us when I say thank you for your valuable input. I don't know much about this stuff, but I'm learning. So if I leave it a 50cc for the moment, and do all the mods exactly as listed by warriorboxerdog, but simply swap out the exhaust for the 70cc Technigas version, do you think that would generate any negative effects? Are there any other variations in those mods that you would suggest to make an upgrade at a later time easier and cheaper, and if so, what negative effects can I expect while it remains a 50cc bike? Thanks!   ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 10:34:02 PM »
Warroir has it in the right order. If he decides to "kit it" he has all the parts needed to tune. Pipe, and carb should always be first.
Thanks for the kind words... Some of us have Paypal too. (kidding)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

super 8 nate

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 11:19:11 AM »
I just cut the wire on the cdi box, got a bigger(can't remember what size anymore)jet, fixed the variator, got a uni airfilter and got a velocita shorty(super loud and throaty)stainless steal pipe. I also have a race cdi box but the fittings aren't the same so I can't use it. I can top out at 45 on super flats and down hills. It still takes off slow and up hills can barely do 25. I want to get the right cdi box, redo the clutch, get an oil cooler and catch pan, redo the variator and redo the plug and all wiring. Also going to eventually get all led lighting.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 12:27:27 AM »
A 1500 contra spring will deal with the hills for you.

rellek

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 03:53:56 AM »
I cannot even begin to tell you how big a difference 7gram Dr. Pulley slider weights made!!! Its like a whole new bike! My take off and acceleration has improved drastically, hills are way better, and I didn't lose any top end. Seriously impressed.

Now just waiting on the rest of my performance parts to get here...so excited!!!

super 8 nate

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 05:56:14 PM »
I cannot even begin to tell you how big a difference 7gram Dr. Pulley slider weights made!!! Its like a whole new bike! My take off and acceleration has improved drastically, hills are way better, and I didn't lose any top end. Seriously impressed.

Now just waiting on the rest of my performance parts to get here...so excited!!!
nice to hear that!!! I just ordered some of those and a race cdi. Next up will be a new variator, clutch, 1500 rpm spring and iridium plug.

rellek

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 09:16:47 PM »
Nice, sounds similar to the stuff I ordered!  Just curious, why the racing CDI?  Mine is not restricted, is yours?  If it isn't restricted, what is the advantage of the racing CDI and which one did you go with? 

ill_eagle94

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 12:50:33 AM »
Do the Dr. Pulley weights work in the Malossi Multivar? I have one coming from Europe along with an air filter to get rid of my air box. Should I be re-jetting when I do the filter?
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2012 Honda Fit Sport

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 02:51:01 AM »
The sliders work fine in a Malossi. They will "appear" to be 1 gram lighter. If you find a good roller weight you want get 1gr heavier Dr. Pulleys, And yes to rejetting.

rellek

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 02:53:28 AM »
Yes, they will work with the molossi variator...I have the same one on the way. And yes,you will need to rejet wit a new air filter.  More air = needs more gas.

ill_eagle94

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 03:13:22 AM »
Hmm, maybe I should get a muffler and do the air filter then. That way I can do the jetting once.

And if I'm going to go through the work of jetting, maybe I should go with a bigger carb...

this is my dilemma!
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2012 Honda Fit Sport

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2012, 04:53:30 AM »
It's a royal pain in the a&& is what it is...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()