Author Topic: 2011 Agility 50 Review  (Read 2467 times)

jezyg

• Agility 50 2011 and SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
    • View Profile
    • UK Police Books
2011 Agility 50 Review
« on: September 03, 2011, 05:41:10 PM »
Just picked up my brand new 2011 Agility 50 on a 61 plate. After trading in my 1 Series BMW for a bus pass as I was only running it to work and back and going to one car. Bus was awful crowded and never on time, moved to a push bike which was great for the summer but not so great for the winter. Thought about a car but again not worth the extra cost and Scooters/Motorbikes don't pay the £1.50 a day parking charge at work. So looked into a Scooter, looked at the Piagio Zip nice Scooter a bit Girly for me, liked the Peugeot Kisbee and was about to buy one when I got chatting to the Kymco rep in a shop by chance. Never heard pf Kymco but was impressed and £100 cheaper than the Kisbee OTR and it does look nice and not badly made either for the price so went fora  silver Agility 50.

Had the bike de restricted from the off which has made it a little more perky and a little more go on the hills, but find it a very nice and easy bike to ride. Still feels a tad tight being new and is never going to set the road alight, I followed my wife home and struggled to keep up with her on 30mph roads. But then she is in a 208Bhp hot hatch  ::)

No the engine is not a patch on a decent car engine but then these bikes are built to a price. But for what it is, is quiet and refined partly helped by being a 4 stroke, the variator more than the engine is the weak link. The biggest shock was only having to put in £5 to fill the tank compared to £55 for my SEAT Leon FR!!! Spent a couple of hours dressing the plastic with Supagard Vinyl wipes and Supargarded the painted plastic parts with stuff leftover from doing the car a couple of months back. Then a coat of Autoglym High definition wax to add a final layer of protection and bring the shine out. Thought may as well treat the scooter like the car and will let you know how well it stay's looking new. Have done the same with various car's makes them a little easier to clean if a bit anal sounding. Does look very polished and new looking so see how long it lasts.

One feature of the 2011 model is the built in front indicators in the leg guard which make them easier to spot side on so a good safety feature that has also improved the looks IMO. Long first post but interesting to hear peoples comments if any............people that have seen the bike have said how nice it looks and much better finish than the very plastic looking white Piagio Zip I looked at  :D If I find the 50 still too weedy will go for a 125 in a year or so.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:49:50 AM by jezyg »
2011 Agility 50
2011 SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Policebooks

callumP

• View Profile
Re: 2011 Agility 50 Review
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 09:43:39 PM »
what speed can you do when its been de restricted mine tells me im doing 35 and thats restricted

jezyg

• View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 07:20:56 AM »
what speed can you do when its been de restricted mine tells me im doing 35 and thats restricted

Not maxed out yet unrestricted with the engine being new and a bit tight but I have hit 40mph on the Speedo without a problem and still felt there was more available. Kymco state max speed unrestricted should be 42 so 47 on speedo as a rough guess.
2011 Agility 50

jezyg

• View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:07:15 AM »
I have also jut got a agility 50 in red and my wife got the rs model, you were lucky you did not decide on the chinese built kisbee i purchased one in january and it gave me headaches from day one, when i collected the scooter starter motor would not work properly and told it would be corrected at first service if it had not corrected itself later found out it was a common fault they were fitted with poor batterys and it took weeks to get a new one peugeot refused and said i should fit led lights so the battery does not drain (why should i have to do that on a brand new scoot) in the end my dealer fitted a 6amp used gel battery, also the engine is very rattly and started making a whining noise after 500km and every nut and bolt has started corroding, so i decided on a kymco agility and it is so much better build quality and always starts first time i have just gone past 1000km engine is much quieter i just wish i had chosen kymco in the first place, my wife first purchased a speedfight 3 and that was worse brakes kept sticking on and sometimes would not start at all and you would have to leave it a few hours and try again, she sold it after 1 month at a big loss and got the agility 125rs again another excellent scoot ans she is very happy with it, peugeot will never be the same now they have cut costs and moved to china, i still have the kisbee but have no confidence in it im expecting it to give up any moment despite only having 1600km on clock if you are intrested i have videos on youtube of my kisbee and agility just look search kymco after oil change....

Thanks for that very interesting to hear I got told to stay away from the V Click due to poor quality never got to see the Kisbee as found the Agility pretty much what I wanted for £100 less, did not want to spend much being my first scooter. Kymco for the price is pretty decent overall and a good strong engine. How is the RS compared to the Agility in terms of build I know the chassis and engine ect are the same?
2011 Agility 50

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 10:39:36 PM »
As you say rs version pretty much the same apart from nicer panels, wheels, rear spoiler, wavey disc brake and a larger speedometer with a clock, i done what you have done sold my 18 month old hyundai i30 to cut costs and the idea was to use some of the money for 2 scooters for me and my wife with the whole idea of cutting are travel expenses but with being let down by peugeot on 2 scoots kisbee and speedfight 3 im yet 2 see the savings, just wish i had chosen kymco's in the first place it has now ment this year i have purchased 4 scoots just to end up with 2 me and my wife can rely on for transport to work etc, but at least kymco turned out to be good or i would have been kicking myself for not just keeping my car, im riding mine on my car licence as i passed before 2001 are you doing the same???
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

jezyg

• View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 06:29:18 PM »
As you say rs version pretty much the same apart from nicer panels, wheels, rear spoiler, wavey disc brake and a larger speedometer with a clock, i done what you have done sold my 18 month old hyundai i30 to cut costs and the idea was to use some of the money for 2 scooters for me and my wife with the whole idea of cutting are travel expenses but with being let down by peugeot on 2 scoots kisbee and speedfight 3 im yet 2 see the savings, just wish i had chosen kymco's in the first place it has now ment this year i have purchased 4 scoots just to end up with 2 me and my wife can rely on for transport to work etc, but at least kymco turned out to be good or i would have been kicking myself for not just keeping my car, im riding mine on my car licence as i passed before 2001 are you doing the same???
Interesting about the RS as thought about it but decide on the Agility due to cost and being understated. May go for a Super 8 in two years time. Kymco seem pretty spot on bikes much prefer the quieter 4 stroke engine to smelly and noisy 2 strokes I have been stuck behind. Derestricted has plenty of go for a 50cc bike. Yes I drive mine on my standard licence although did do a CBT just for experience. Really enjoy my rides to and from work and being on 30mph roads is very slighty quicker as I can bypass some of the traffic.

Was interested in the Speedflight as well sounds like I made the right choice with the Kymco. Only problem is a faulty front headlamp that has now managed to weld the bulb to the holder through a dodgy connector arcing and causing the plastic to melt. Fixed it for now get it replaced under warranty.
2011 Agility 50

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()