Author Topic: 2006 People 150 running issues 580 miles  (Read 964 times)

chrisbbee

• View Profile
2006 People 150 running issues 580 miles
« on: September 04, 2011, 04:37:08 AM »
I picked up a people 150 last summer and it ran great, I put it away during the winter and left it stored.  I came back to it this week and drained the tank of old gas, drained the carb of old gas and filled it with new gas.  It fires up and idles alittle rough.  As soon as I touch the throttle it dies.  If I start it at wide open throttle it will start and run untill I back the throttle off to 1/2 or so, then it dies.  At higher RPM it surges a bit.  If i just let it idle without any throttle it will run a minuet or so and die.  I took the carb apart and cleaned and reassembled it, same issues.  I checked the vaccume fuel shut off and I am getting plenty of fuel.  Spark plug is new.  Air filter is clean. Everything is essentially new on this thing.  It only has 580 miles.  Any ideas?  I am kinda out of ideas and patience is starting to fade a bit. I really dont know a whole lot about these and the dealerships in this area have all closed shop.  Go California!
Thanks in advance
Chris

old mod

• View Profile
Re: 2006 People 150 running issues 580 miles
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 08:51:04 PM »
Did you blow out the jets with high pressure air? Have you checked the diaphragm for holes, splits?
 Good luck

chrisbbee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 05:47:05 AM »
Jets have been cleared with jet brushes so they are all clear.  The diaphragm looks good, i checked and did not see any cracks.  I am thinking about getting a rebuild kit for the carb so i have a new diaphragm and seals (couldnt hurt)  I am thinking that the top of the diaphragm might not be sealing to the metal cover.... Kinda going out on a limb at this point.  I believe the choke (bystarter) is working correctly but I have not found a whole lot on testing them.  I guess i am going to go out and track down a repair manual for that piece of the puzzle...... any more ideas are greatly welcomed!
Thanks again

Chris

old mod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 03:56:19 PM »
Hi Chris, take a look at this thread, could be the bystarter?
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=4727.msg48096#msg48096

chrisbbee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 10:12:41 PM »
OK, So I tore down the Carb again and got into the jets with my jet tools and found the main jet had a little bit of blockage But the main thing was the rubber gasket not sealing on the top plate of the carb.  500 miles in the past 5 years is good for wear but bad on rubber and gaskets!  The rubber diaphram looks like it may have shrank up a little and I was getting a little vaccum leak so the needle was not raising up out of the jet.  Tricky little thing!  Hope that helps anyone else out there having a similar problem!  Thanks for the ideas Old Mod

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()