Author Topic: need to achieve high speed  (Read 5808 times)

callumP

• View Profile
need to achieve high speed
« on: September 09, 2011, 01:04:14 PM »
my apprenticeship have sent me an hours ride at 30mph and i want to half the time it takes if i can, i have done nothing to it yet were shal i start, im thinking variator then a new 80cc cylinder. will the standard carb be able to cope with the 80cc

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: need to achieve high speed
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 01:16:16 PM »
I don't know about the 4 strokes, but it would be pointless going the 80cc without upgrading the carb as well.
More power!!! Also less chance of running too lean and causing heating problems.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 02:14:08 PM »
Ideally, you should achieve a scooter with a bigger engine.

Resolve

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 06:44:03 PM »
From all I read you won't gain much Top End speed from an upgraded Cylinder.  It will help with acceleration but the added speed was minimal.  Like maybe 3 to 5 MPH

From what I have read with right Variator/ tranny set up you will gain around 5 mph. and maybe another 5 from the cylinder upgrade.  So maybe in perfect setup with perfect conditions you can get to about 50 to 55 mph on a good day.  But then you risk wearing out the engine faster with the bigger cylinder and you have to work on tuning to make sure it is running perfect.

So basically if this is you daily ride I wouldn't do the Cylinder upgrade.  if a weekend ride then it may be worth it for fun.

But you want more reliable everyday power and speed then go with bigger scoot with bigger engine.

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 07:37:28 PM »
Getting a bigger scooter would be cheaper, handle the speeds better, and be more reliable.
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

jezyg

• Agility 50 2011 and SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
    • View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 08:20:57 PM »
Firstly I would get it deristricted to yield the 42mph Kymco quote for a derestricted Agility 50. Consists of usual Jet, smooth boss and CDi mod if MY2009 or less. Then a sport Variator all of which are quite cheap. If looking for a bigger engine then go and buy a 125 or even a 100cc bike like a Honda Lead which will work out cheaper in the long run I am sure.
2011 Agility 50
2011 SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Policebooks

callumP

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 09:35:17 PM »
im not aloud over 50cc so i would be doing the 80cc kit on the sneak and i only need top end speed for one day a week where i have to ride for an hour to get to my welding course. so a variator is the way to go?

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 10:09:23 PM »
My setup gives me 55 (speedo) on a good day. In my opinion anything over a 72cc kit is putting a lot more stress on the engine than its worth and requires more tuning and money.

2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

Dale4

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 10:11:41 PM »
I did all the usual derestrictions ,smooth boss,cut cdi,iridium plug and the most I could do on a good day and a long stretch was 42 mph. I then sent for a race variator and gained no speed whatsoever. Do yourself a favor and don't buy into the hype of 50+ mph,it just doesn't happen. I fell for those stories and drove myself crazy for about a year and found out in that time from scooter shops and forums that no one is truly getting 50 mph and I have a hard time beleiving 45 mph although that may be possible. Try to be happy with what you have or get a bigger scoot....stay stress free

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 12:24:47 AM »
Dale4, I got 52 mph (garmin gps) and tacho off the scale. Usual de-restriction + 740 mm belt.

The best one can do on agility 50 is regular maintanace, iridium spark plug and variator upgrade to racing and right rollers and torque spring. Also drive belt wear is affecting top speed and general performance a lot. So belt check and replacing is gonna make things better and good to your variator.
Big bore kit is a waste of money if you ask me. oem CDI is giving a max of 9.000 rpm's and that is what you get whether it's 50, 70 or 90 cc cylinder. All you'll get is better start and mid range performance but have in mind you need a bigger diameter carburettor and it doesn't come cheap. Also, bbk is putting  more stress and wear on your crankshaft and other components.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
re: photos
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 01:00:33 AM »
Kymco ZX50, 2-stroke, 47mm cyl. 44mm, tzr50 cdi, OKO 24 mm carb and crappy yms exhaust, in excess of 9,800rpm, speedo past fuel gauge, gps at 94 km/h
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 04:28:11 AM »
puting a 80 cc or even a 70 cc is not worth it unless you have a big pocket book and you are ready to fix everything that burns up after that.best thing is a bigger scoot all around.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 03:06:19 PM »
Đale, i dont know why your not getting over 42mph  ??? Is that a gps 42mph or on the speedo?

My derestricted a50 does 45 all day on the flats, usually 45-47 mph on the speedo most days unless its windy? Derestricted, 5.5g rollers, 1000rpm torque spring and race variator, stock exhaust and stock air box?

Can get it doing 48 on the flats with 7.5g rollers but acceleration and uphills is too slow so i stick to 5.5g's.

Check your belt isnt too worn, something must be up? Ive even hit 50 on the speedo before downhill on a good day with the heavier rollers
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 03:09:38 PM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 03:17:34 PM »
Đale, i dont know why your not getting over 42mph  ??? Is that a gps 42mph or on the speedo?

My derestricted a50 does 45 all day on the flats, usually 45-47 mph on the speedo most days unless its windy? Derestricted, 5.5g rollers, 1000rpm torque spring and race variator, stock exhaust and stock air box?

Can get it doing 48 on the flats with 7.5g rollers but acceleration and uphills is too slow so i stick to 5.5g's.

Check your belt isnt too worn, something must be up? Ive even hit 50 on the speedo before downhill on a good day with the heavier rollers

Callum, i dont think you will gain that much top end with a bigger kit fitted, like resolve says maybe 50-55 mph onhe speedo on a good day. Wat it will give you is better acceleration, better uphill speed and more power. After a full derstrict and race variator you will get to around 45mph on he speedo, at least, maybe upto 45-48mph. You wont have as much power as the bigger kit but you need to weigh up if the extra time and money is worth going for the kit.

Why not do the derestrict 1st, fit a race variator and see how it feels like that? You need these parts really anyway if doing the bigger kit so you wont waste money on them if you do decide to get the kit later.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 03:20:09 PM »
Didnt mean to do 2 posts  there, tried to modify my post to add an answer to callum. You get w ;Dhat im saying anyway
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()