Author Topic: need to achieve high speed  (Read 5810 times)

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
Re: need to achieve high speed
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 03:35:16 PM »
Streido said it, start with the smaller stuff you would need to do anyway then start thinking about a BBK if you're not happy with the results after that. That's what I did and only ended up going the BBK route because I live in a very hilly area and it felt unsafe and annoying having cars pass me all the time when I could only do 20-25mph uphill post BBK I'm doing 40-45mph uphill. Much better and safer for my area. 
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

callumP

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 10:06:24 PM »
right so first things first
smooth boss
cut cdi unit
race variator with 5.5 gram rollers

just one question, where do you get smooth bosses?

is everythink i need in this kit?
http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p-Top_Racing_SV1_variator_for_Chinese_50cc_4T_scooters-3943.aspx

where abouts is the cdi box located so i can cut the wire?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 10:10:28 PM by callumP »

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 10:17:48 PM »
Smooth boss - http://www.exportstrength.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_44_332&products_id=403

Some race variators come in a kit with the boss inc, think  the Pollini variator does and the malossi multivar kit has it too as well as a 1000rpm torque spring for in the rear pulley to improve uphill speed and speeding back up after slowing down for bends etc.
 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KYMCO-AGILITY-50-4T-MALOSSI-MULTIVAR-VARIATOR-KIT-/290532342177
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 10:26:07 PM »
That kit you put up will fit, seems a bit pricey tho for a brand i never heard of. A pollini kit is about 45 last time i looked and thats a brand name bit of kit.
This is the one i fitted for now, cheap but it works ok so far http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RACE-VARIATOR-GY6-50-KYMCO-BAOTIAN-LIFAN-Chinese-/300540989339?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item45f9a38f9b
Eventually i may get a multivar or pollini, but this does me for now.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 10:29:12 PM »
And the cdi box is in by the battery. Remember to upjet your main jet to an #82 jet too.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

callumP

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 10:59:29 PM »
the kit i posted seems ok, it has the variator the smooth boss and 3 sets of rollers

Dale4

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 11:11:53 PM »
I have the derestricted boss,cut cdi,5.5gr rollers,race variator,iridium plug and only 1700 km on my agility and on the flats my speedo only shows 42 mph on my best days and most times have a hard time reaching 40. I've been on this forum for a year now trying to get advice but nothing I do wont gain me any more speed. I never tried changing the torque spring and I don't think the belt should be worn yet. I just got my bike license so when I get money I'll be getting an agility 125,shame tho because all I really need is about 45-50 mph and I would be just fine. I stressed over this too long and I'm just trying to help anyone else from stressing too much,if you crave speed move up to a bigger bike. Good luck and I'll be seeing you around the forums.

callumP

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 11:14:45 PM »
other people seemed to be getting higher speeds than you ?

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 11:33:18 PM »
DON'T BELIVE EVERYTHING YOU READ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2011, 12:40:24 AM »
Dale i take it you did the check with the magic marker on the variator to make sure your belt is long enough to hit the top of the variator? If its a multivar you fitted then i think they can use a longer belt and If the belt is too short you wil never get the full speed out of it. Guess you probably tried it already tho? Also did you recently check your valve gaps? Are you 100% sure you def severed the wire in the cdi? I know i had to file it down pretty far to hit my wire before i could cut it and it was to the r/h side not in the centre where i 1st cut. Also i take it you fitted an 82 main jet too?

I know some folk tell stories about their top speed but i can honestly say i always get 45mph or around 75km/h, at least, sometimes more on the flats every day i ride. If its windy i get held back to nearer 40mph. Where i live is a mix of flats and hills and the set-up i have is best for me, i tried loads of variations but this is the best i can get. I did hit the 50mph on the speedo a few times downhill tho, on heavier rollers, but it lost too much speed uphill and took ages to get top speeed unless going down a slope so i went lighter again.

Almost every A50 owner on here can hit 45mph after a proper de-restrict so maybe you missed something, or you just live in a area with more gradients? Or are you a big dude? Im only 11.5-12 stone.  Seems strange?

I got no reason to lie about my speed, it makes no difference to me if people believe it or not, im happy and thats all that matters. Dont really see any poit in making up stories and if i did i would make it a real good one. Did i tell you i once jumped 20 buses and landed on my front wheel while riding one-handed and playing a trumpet?  ;D

Seriously tho, maybe need to start up a poll to ask all A50 owners what speed they all get on a de-restricted A50? Be good to compare and see what the average is, bet its at least 45mph tho.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:43:32 AM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2011, 08:42:55 AM »
yeah, there is no reson to lie about top speeds. We are not fishermans  ;D

So:

standard 50cc engine
cdi cut
#84 jet
cr7hix ngk iridium
air box modification
racing carb intake manifold
malossi multivar kit(smooth drive boss ofcourse)
7 gr rollers (for this tes only), 5.5 gr for everyday use
748 mm malossi kevlar
quality full synth engine and transmission oil

I tested it an hour ago and got me to 57 mph gps on a 3% downhill

« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 08:50:49 AM by woodcutter »

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 08:50:13 AM »
it's my max top speed for now.
got it downhill but on flats it's going to the end of the scale (80 kph)

Encya

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 11:06:14 AM »
Dale, check your spark plug gap as well, it should be between .025" and .027" or .635 mm and .658 mm.  Scoot will run fine if gapped higher, but there will be a severe loss in power.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()