Author Topic: Road trip questions/concerns  (Read 1022 times)

Jetstreamer

• View Profile
Road trip questions/concerns
« on: September 15, 2011, 12:05:35 PM »
Ok, so I have two general inquiries. The first thing is that I was wondering is it bad for my Agility 50 to run at full throttle? Stock scoot. Secondly if I were to do a road trip could the scoot handle the constant throttle for hours/many miles?
[size=200]-(\_[/size]

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Road trip questions/concerns
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 03:01:23 AM »
It's not necessarily good to run your scoot at WOT (wide open throttle) but thats what they are made to do. You can kinda compare it to running your car engine at 90mph on the expressway constantly. It's obviously going to cause more wear and tear on your engine and would be considered worse than driving 35mph a regularly. In my opinion I bought it to drive it and have fun and when it breaks it can be fixed. But even at WOT you should still get plenty of life out of the scoot. Maybe take a few breaks here and there to let it calm down a little.

But with all that being said hours at WOT with no breaks even I wouldn't do and I'm a drive it like you stole it kind of guy...
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

Resolve

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 12:08:15 PM »
Agreed WOT for short periods I would say ok but for hours on hours not so much.  I drive in the city but have decent long runs of WOT.  but thing maybe the longest I have ever been was about 20 minutes.

Also a road trip will probably not be the best idea on a Agility.  Sometimes after riding my short distances compared to a road trip.  My back and butt are ready to rest.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 01:07:31 PM »
.  Sometimes after riding my short distances compared to a road trip.  My back and butt are ready to rest.
[/quote] 

x 2 your but and back well be the only thing hurting Im a bretty heathy guy my self and I have done many 2 to 4 hour trips on my agilty its a 07 and its stell running darn good.But for a safty thing I would take tools and a buddy with you rideing with someone for a long trip would be best to have someone with you ya never now what might happen.  Be smart and drive safe.

Jetstreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 01:12:40 PM »
 ;) Thanks guys!

ps Very true regarding butt and back.
[size=200]-(\_[/size]

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 09:58:13 PM »
I got some 400 miles trips with ag50, so my advices are-

-don t use free flow air filters. Use your stock air filter and crankcase breather cos it s a part of engine overheating protection.

-change engine and final reduction oil with high quality fully synthetic

-take basic tool kit you got with your scoot + a piece of sandpaper, spare spark plug, classic grip pliers, a can of engine oil, adjustable wrench and tire repair kit.

Generaly, I advise not to use wot for long period. You will get to the point where you got top speed no matter you twist full throttle or 3/4. You will feel when engin is gonna start to loose power as it gets warm, so take a break for red bull or coffee and let your machine  to cool down for at least 15 mins.
Also, I advise you to use kindey belt because it helps a lot. Without the belt , cos of helmet weight, I got neck pain very quickly.

safe ride and good luck  ;D 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()