Author Topic: ATC2K Action Camera!  (Read 3185 times)

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
ATC2K Action Camera!
« on: December 29, 2008, 10:47:03 PM »
Friends,

I just picked up a neat little camera from Sam's Club for $50.  I can't find it elsewhere for less than $80 or so I'm pleased with my purchase.

Here's the test video: (It's just a short ride from my driveway, down the street and back, nothing exciting)

Haven't ever really edited videos much, but I'll have to change the sound for sure.  On the video the engine sounded really "whistley", dunno why but the sound really is rough.

I wonder if the windows movie maker is good enough for tasks like this?

The camera is the size of a pistol scope, and the controls are straightforward and easy.  Video quality isn't terrible for this kind of camera, and for the price.  It takes 640x480 resolution at 30 frames per second.  Sound quality leaves much to be desired, but I don't really want it for sound, I want it for video. :)  It came with a 1 gig SD card, and can record for about 30 minutes on 1 gig, and hour on 2.  I don't think it supports higher than 2 gigs of storage though.

~Josh

www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ATC2K Action Camera!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 12:14:39 PM »
Not bad at all for the price.  Let us know how it holds up.  Did it come with the mount?

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 09:14:14 PM »
Yup!  Came with lots of different doo-dads for mounting it actually.  A friend of mine told me not to ride my scooter in water deeper than 10 feet... the camera is waterproof, shock resistant, records at 640x480 resolution at 30frames per second and all in all, I think it's pretty cool. :)  Too bad about the sound quality though, but I think I can get away with a voice-over or some angsty rock music or something. ;)

Hey, happy new year!

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 04:22:20 AM »
Yup!  Came with lots of different doo-dads for mounting it actually.  A friend of mine told me not to ride my scooter in water deeper than 10 feet... the camera is waterproof, shock resistant, records at 640x480 resolution at 30frames per second and all in all, I think it's pretty cool. :)  Too bad about the sound quality though, but I think I can get away with a voice-over or some angsty rock music or something. ;)
The video quality is a lot better than the Tony Hawk Helmet Cam I have (also $50, bought a year ago), but the sound is about the same... meaning, "it's obviously not Scottish, 'cause it's crap!"  ;)

I usually ended up either recording audio with my DVcam, or dubbing a music track, as you suggested you might do.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()