Author Topic: top end not the same.  (Read 3576 times)

blue

• View Profile
top end not the same.
« on: September 20, 2011, 07:17:10 PM »
I have noticed the last few days my scoot stell gets up over the 40 to 45 mph mark but takes longer to get there when going up a slight hill. could it be my clutch spring is going bad my top end is not the same anymore the belt is new and so are the rollers.

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
Re: top end not the same.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 12:45:53 AM »
Valve adjusted?

Is it running normal otherwise?
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 01:16:38 AM »
yes running realy good . the top end just not the same slows down to about 30 going up a slight hill.
and takes longer to get to the top end it well do 40 to 45 easy but takeing longer to get there.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:35:54 PM by blue »

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 05:25:56 PM »
Hmmm... Check the plug?

I'm honestly not sure if the clutch springs would cause that all of the sudden.

Did it start happening suddenly?

I would also check to make sure all the rollers are still in good shape and not out of place at all, sometimes they can get turned on their sides I have heard.
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 12:23:48 AM »
rollers and belt are both new. maybe its just a sign that I need a good clean up. new plug air filter oil change was just done so thats good. Ill pull the carb and clean it also. that or seafoam it.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 09:53:32 PM »
I feel the same on my scoot Blue. I used to get to 47-48 on flats but latey i only get 45. I thought it might be due to the winter weather coming in cos for some reason when its wet i used to get the same thing.

I also got a new plug in and its correctly gapped etc. Runs as good as it ever has apart from the few mph top end loss  ???
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 11:45:07 PM »
ya Im not going to worry to much about it im going to give it a good tune up this winter anyways.

jezyg

• Agility 50 2011 and SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
    • View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 07:26:38 PM »
Cooler air in theory is denser so you should get better combustion and no heat soak, although the engine will take longer to warm up and oil will stay thicker longer adding to resistance especially the final drive oil.

But notice the same performance drops depending on temperatures in my car.
2011 Agility 50
2011 SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Policebooks

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 09:29:31 PM »
true I was thinking the weather might have something to do with it.So for I put in a new air filter and cleaned the plug its a little better But I know I can do better.it does seam to ride a lot better after ts wormed up.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 09:59:09 PM »
I thought maybe it was the moisture in rhe air affecting it maybe? Just a guess but it feels slower in wet weather and if its damp air now due to winter coming i just out it down to that. I may be way off the truth tho, its only my theory.

plan to get a new ait fikter and if its dry i may rexheck my valve gaps cos they must be due a check anyway.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

jezyg

• Agility 50 2011 and SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
    • View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 06:19:59 AM »
I thought maybe it was the moisture in rhe air affecting it maybe? Just a guess but it feels slower in wet weather and if its damp air now due to winter coming i just out it down to that. I may be way off the truth tho, its only my theory.

plan to get a new ait fikter and if its dry i may rexheck my valve gaps cos they must be due a check anyway.

Agree moist air is going to effect combustion as well by effecting the mixture especially on Carb engine were the mixture is not as tightly controlled as fuel injection. I reckon it is a combination of things all acting together, I will say since changing to Super unleaded I seem to get much less variance in the way the engine behaves in differing weather  conditions???
2011 Agility 50
2011 SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Policebooks

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 06:05:15 PM »
My wife had a speedfight 3 restricted which on a flat road could push 31mph at 7500rpm digital dash over a few weeks the top end dropped off till she sruggled to get 26mph i could not work it out also it was reving slightly higher  at 8000rpm even tho was only hitting 26mph it was like i was riding up hill then i decided to check my tyre pressure rear only had about 15lb because it would not hold pressure for some reason and front was not much better i inflated them to 35lb each wheel and top end came back and revs were back down we did not keep the scoot much longer after that as it had to many teething problems for a new scoot and my wife now has the agility rs which has been excellent, anyway the tyre pressure's is just a thought that may help.....
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 10:22:27 PM by kisbee »
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 12:22:30 AM »
Try a compression test too. Should be at least 90 psi. New is 105-110. Also maybe low tire pressure... That will drop you a few mph per few psi. If it were the clutch you would have increased rpm's w/ reduced power. It just may be worn rings/valve train. Seafoam will clean the entire fuel circuit from intake to exhaust so DOUBLE DOSE it. 3oz. to a tank will do it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 10:14:22 PM »
Well i found my problem, see pics below.

My new belt has started falling apart after less than 1000km  >:(

Going to order a replacement once i get paid in a few weeks. In the meantime i put in my old stock belt i had kept just to keep me rolling.

Was struggling to get over 42mph lately even downhill and it was getting worse so luckily i decided to open up the case and take a look or my belt may have snapped and left me stuck by the roadside somewhere. Took it for a quick run and my speed is back up,got to 46-47mph on clock (see pic below)

Hopefully with a fresh new belt and some more air i my tyres i should be back to almost hitting 50mph downhill  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 01:56:16 AM »
AH!!! my agility is doing exactly the same thing!! i tinks i might need a new belt!!! good job i had a read, will check my belt tomorrow, because i think it may look alot like the one in the picture.
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()