Author Topic: Large windshield question  (Read 2209 times)

bandit

• View Profile
Large windshield question
« on: September 25, 2011, 05:59:50 PM »
I was looking at a larger windscreen for my people 250s but I don't know if it will fit.Looks like the turn signals would get in the way.Has anybody purchased a givi 137a windscreen for the usa model people 250 and installed it without any problems with the turn signals?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 06:02:06 PM by bandit »

eugenec

• View Profile
Re: Large windshield question
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 06:04:24 PM »
For my PS250's GIVI windshield, I had to use Dremal tool to file away some bracket material to get it to fit.

bandit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 02:58:43 AM »
Cool. I got a dremel. Since it only needs some minor mods to fit I'm going to order it. Thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:02:01 AM by bandit »

eugenec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 04:38:46 PM »
My windshield was cut down 2 1/2 inches also. the original is way too tall for me. Even with it cut shorter, walking the scooter with engine off is somehow difficult because it prevents me from leaning forward, and that is what most people need to do especially going uphill.

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 08:35:46 PM »
 put a Givi screen on my ps250 and have used it 2 winters.  It is great - the modification needed is minimal and as I recall there are several ways it can be accomplished.  I was thinking about putting mine back on this morning - much warmer.  I like the tall height and will gladly live with bonking my helmet into it on occasion.  Only problem I have had is the noise it makes - something rubbing randomly - I have tried mounting it a couple different ways, but cannot get rid of the noise - it comes from where the windshield is mounted at the bottom - stock piece goes over it with 3 machine screws holding it on.  I tried adding some weather stripping but the squeaks prevail.  Never give up - maybe this year I can quiet that monster.

:)>>

:)>>

jas67

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 12:33:14 PM »
My windshield was cut down 2 1/2 inches also. the original is way too tall for me. Even with it cut shorter, walking the scooter with engine off is somehow difficult because it prevents me from leaning forward, and that is what most people need to do especially going uphill.

So, why do you need to walk it uphill with the engine off?
2007 People S 250
2009 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()