Author Topic: People 150 starting  (Read 1118 times)

medman1952

• View Profile
People 150 starting
« on: September 26, 2011, 05:00:47 PM »
Hi,

I was wondering, I have a people 150 I'm helping a buddy with. The starter does not turn the motor over, the kick start is messed up and was bound up tight, I was not able to move it at all.

I pulled the starter motor and it checks out just fine.

The gear for the kick start is chewed up, not the half moon one on the kick itself. Will these bind things up enough to keep the starter motor from being able to turn the motor over? 

medman1952

• View Profile
Re: People 150 starting
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 01:35:45 AM »
Well I got home and hooked the battery back up leaving the cvt cover off I hit the starter just to see if the kick start had been binding things up, no improvement. The starter motor turns over but does not crank the motor. Guess I'll just have to pull it apart. So I'm stuck waiting for a flywheel puller.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 02:55:59 AM »
One of those hardware store/Harbor Freight puller kits will work.http://www.amazon.com/Lawn-Mower-Part-Flywheel-UNIVERSAL/dp/B001OK9WXG. It's what I use
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

medman1952

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 07:49:43 PM »
thanks, i wish I had known that, I had already ordered one online elsewhere. we have a local Harbor freight I could have just picked one up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 01:11:50 AM »
I am not a "cheap" person by nature but I always look for the most economical cure to my problems. That way I can wast my $'s on fun stuff. You know, hookers, booze, pain management ect...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 01:15:25 AM »
Without the booze and hookers, you wouldn't need the pain management. ;)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()