Author Topic: My new visor and mirrors.  (Read 3901 times)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
My new visor and mirrors.
« on: September 28, 2011, 10:37:16 PM »
Finally got round to uploading some pics of my new mirrors and visor that i fitted a few weeks ago. The mirrors were less than £10 off ebay from china and are pretty good quality. The difference is amazing, i can actually see behind me now without twisting my body out the way 1st  ;D

The visor was from a bike breakers yard and was £7.50. Think it was originally off a Peugeot scooter but after a bit of cutting and filing i fits my Agility almost like it was meant for it. Im happy with how it looks now, what do you all think? Does it look ok? Its not really to deflect wind, its more just for cosmetics.If it cuts the wind a little all the better, i wont complain. Still got to repaint over the fixings black again cos the silver is showing thro a little after one coat.

Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
Re: My new visor and mirrors.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 01:09:29 AM »
very nice gives it that sporty look.are those kenda tires.love that new front end thats by the mirrors.
good job.

porboy298

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 01:12:31 AM »
Im with blue. Very nice job. Like it.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 02:21:27 AM »
Well done, that screen looks like it was made for the scoot, those mirrors look good too.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 06:41:22 AM »
I got me a Kappa 440A windshield and fittings for 55 eur but I left stock rear view mirrors cos I like em. It's simple and classic look.

http://www.kappamoto.com/per-la-tua-moto/eng/marca/*KYMCO*/modello/*Agility+50-125-150+R16+%2808+%3E+11%29*/

jezyg

• Agility 50 2011 and SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
    • View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 06:52:25 AM »
You have done a fab job, the mirrors especially look OEM and tidy up the bike no end. Should call you Mr Mod or Streidmod just need to Hammertite that rusty stand  ;D
2011 Agility 50
2011 SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Policebooks

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 07:51:44 AM »
@Blue, the tyres arent Kendo, they are Bridgestone ML50 Molas. Pretty happy with them tho they are quite soft compound so dont know how many miles im going to get out of them before they wear down. Did maybe 1000 odd km so far and theyre still good.

@Jezyg, Lol. Been getting called an old mod lately at work since i bought a vintage mod M65 fishtail parka the other week. Been wearing it over my leather, ive never been so warm while riding, amazing. Now i know why the original mods all wore parkas, its the perfect scooter jacket.

@Jezyg, Blue and everyone else, cheers for the input. The.mirrors made a big big difference and feel much safer when out on the busy roads. Only issue i have now is i want to respray my panels black now  ;D  Maybe get thro winter then do it in spring if i can resist it till then.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Encya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 11:15:12 AM »
Got some links to those mirrors?  I would be especially interested in them.  The visor looks great, but if it doesn't add anything functional to the scoot, I probably wouldn't do it

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 12:38:51 PM »
Encya heres tthe ones i got http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHINESE-SCOOTER-WING-MIRRORS-YIYING-KINROAD-JINLUN-/130349122321?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1e5969c311

There are loads on ebay, just search "kymco mirrors" or "chinese scooter mirrors".  There are some real nice ones that are more expensive but these were good for me and the price was real good too.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 07:42:43 PM »
I like your new mirrors and know what you mean about poor rear view with the stock mirrors, my wifes agility rs mirrors are much better and i thought about trying to get rs mirrors from kymco but imagine they would be expensive, the ones you have fitted look a bargain and give a sporty look are they a good tight fit as i dont want mirrors that keep rotating as im riding...
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 08:06:04 PM »
Yeah Kisbee they dont spin in the wind. I had them on for a good few weeks niw and had no problems at all. I can see completely behind me with no bother if i dip my elbow a kittle, the view is much better than the stock mirrors.

Check on ebay cos they had loads if styles anywhere from £7-£30, some nice ones round about in the £15 range too.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 10:50:58 AM »
here are some photos of kappa 440A on my agility.
there is some turbulence and strange echo on higher speed but I got used to it.it's directing air stream off my hands and over the top of the helmet.
streido, is there are any effect in everyday use by your mod?where and how it afects air flow?

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:58:41 AM by woodcutter »

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 02:00:11 PM »
woodcutter wear did ya get that shild that thing is sweet.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 08:12:37 PM »
Looks nice Woodcutter, especially from the side view. I looked at a similair screen for mine but they were all pretty expensive here. Dows it cause any loss of too end or does it help? I think mine does declect the wind a little cos it feels less hitting my body at full speed. Think the angle of it pushes the wind up more towards my helmet so i ve been riding more with my visor down on my helmet. It wont ever be as good as a full screen but i think it does a little deflecting.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 02:24:03 PM »
I got it at a local moto shop who is a Kappa distributor. The shield itself is 40 euros(8 cm higher version  is 44 eur) + specific mounting brackets(for agility city R16 but fits agility R12 like ours with no problems ) for 15 euros. I guess it could be ordered on line or through dealer network.

Let's start with general minuses:
1. increased echo.my horn sounds a bit louder to me and I hear engine and variator working much clearer than with shield off.
2. there is some kind of turbulence at 65+ kmh on heavy front wind like a light handlebar shake and decreased side leaning angle.
3. top speed is 3 kmh less at worst case according to tacho but fuel consumption remained the same.

General pluses:
1. directing air away from my hands and body. there is even less wind on my legs cos it has some wind deflecting shapes at lower part of the shield. Even better when a passenger is behind me and with top case on.
2.I'm 182 cm high and it's geting wind over my helmet at the front ventilation holes just where it should. I like jet helmets and at colder days I needed to instal full face jet helmet windshield and now I don't need to cos my face is wind free.now I use US police style helmet sun visor and it works excellent even on very cold days.
3. while riding, I can talk to my passenger now  ;D
4. it completes general scooter apearance and looks very urban.

based on my experience I would recommend this type of shield(I'm not sales person just an user writing review  ;D). makes everyday riding easyer and more comfortable and it is looking very nice.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 02:39:27 PM by woodcutter »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()