Author Topic: Weepy gas filler-why?  (Read 1899 times)

catman2130093

• View Profile
Weepy gas filler-why?
« on: September 29, 2011, 11:50:54 PM »
My 09 GV has recently started weeping around the gas cap, and also the black bezel around it. At first I thought the telltale streaking was my fault by over filling,but....it continues weeping even when I'm down to the 3rd block on the fuel gauge. This continued,even after I popped open the lid and wiped it all out,which also would have relieved any pressure..the gasket on the back of the cap appears to be in good shape, and the cap does latch when I close it up. Anyone else experienced this? How did you solve it? It's not enough to affect the mileage, but the streaking down the plastic is unsightly. Thx!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Weepy gas filler-why?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 12:07:34 AM »
There is a tiny pin hole inside the cap to allow air in as a vent. On an over-fill fuel will get into the cap, and drain out VERY slowly. Try shaking the cap for a minute to remove any fuel that may be lurking in the valleys. Makes sense to me!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

catman2130093

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 01:24:32 AM »
DOH!  ::)   That makes all kind of sense! Thanks!!     

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 01:28:06 AM »
No Trouble. Hope that gets it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

catman2130093

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 10:22:19 AM »
We've had a spate of non-friendly to scooter weather here so I had been in the cage for awhile.  I have been extra careful not to over-fill the tank, and the weeping has stopped,so Mr. Zombie,I salute you. Apparently in my zeal to fill it to the brim I was indeed filling the cap too!   ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 10:35:33 PM »
Cool beans Catman! You have to toughen up tho. Non scooter weather?

catman2130093

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 02:37:25 AM »
60 mph crosswinds :o  And I was out of Depends!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 10:07:04 PM »
Ahhh, Depends... Now I see! Every bit as important as knowing what that hole is for. I see-I see~

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()