Author Topic: Mirrors  (Read 2686 times)

Ckline3783

• View Profile
Mirrors
« on: September 30, 2011, 12:20:09 PM »
Has anyone had any problems keeping the mirrors tight.  mine continue to come loose.  I have considered using Loctite but would like to hear other suggestions if I am not the only one having the problem.  Thanks

jas67

• View Profile
Re: Mirrors
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 03:20:09 PM »
Mine do too (I have a People S 250).

For that  matter, they also seem a bit short.   Anyone find a source for longer mirror stems?
2007 People S 250
2009 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 04:31:18 AM »
so far mine have been good. It did how ever once fall off the kick stand and now has a scratch on the housing so I may get another to replace it. No biggie for now, just a war wound..................
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 10:27:01 AM by TANWare »

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 06:36:58 AM »
i have to join the club on this one,,,,,my dt keeled over when i was loosing air in the rear tire,,,,,fortunately it fell on a long rubber lawn chair so i escaped any serious damage....but the(left) mirror was coming loose after riding every week or so....i  resolved it by placing an open ended lock washer between the silver nut and the immediate below(which holds the whole mirror armature to the  scooter) big . black coated brass nut.

the silver nut when loosened allows you to move/adjust the mirror itself up and /or down.....seems to be holding 

scootinChris

• View Profile
    • Toronto Moto Scooter Club
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 04:50:28 AM »
I did have problems for a bit.
My DT also rolled off the kickstand (@ 2nd day) on my slanted driveway.   >:(
Mirror got missalligned and scratched.

Had for a week problems with the mirror. Finally used the right amount of force to get it solid and properly alligned. (it still can move when hit, but will not come lose on it's own.)

Am now very careful whenever I use the kickstand. Making sure the bike does not want to move foreward.
Have Fun & Ride Safe!  ATGATT

streetdown

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 10:47:43 AM »
My DT also rolled off the kick stand the 2nd week after I got it!

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 01:01:21 PM »
I have been very carefull but to no avail. It was on a flat at the time but alot of people were walking around so it could have gotten bumped.............

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 02:17:11 PM »
I rarely ever use the side stand. It is much harder to knock over on the main stand. You do know that there is a black 17 mill nut at the bottom of the mirror shaft to lock it off. I have taken my mirrors off several times while working on the led modules and always manage to get them in place and tight.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

de-dee

• View Profile
kick stand
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 07:22:30 AM »
I had the same happen to me I looked at the kick stand and it was not far enough forward so I took the grinder to it it hasnt fallen since    ride safe golden hawk

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 11:53:53 PM »
alas.... kick stand problems are common hassles even if you think you are on flat ground....does not take much to get to keel over/tipping point ....even on the slightest of incline....my other scooter tipped on me even though i thought it was secure when a major gust of wind hit it....i usually will rock the scooter a tad to assure good contact with ground...but of course this is no guarantee

on my dt,,,,the stand goes down and than you/should notice (see or feel )it.. automatically move out an inch or so horizontally,,,,which usually means you have a good contact with the ground....but again no guarantee

re the mirrors ...i would imagine there are any number of fixes....my lock nut washer is still holding fine....one thing you need to be careful of however, when you are working the nuts (silver or black) under the boot...there are two wires (thin) that send juice to the directional s (left or right)......if your not careful you can easily sever one or both of them when adjusting the nuts...make sure you locate them first before loosening or tightening anything

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 10:46:15 PM »
I tightened them a little more each time they moved.  Now I think they are afraid to move again.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()