Author Topic: This is the company I have been touting for sooo long, and my next/last kit  (Read 2154 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
That looks good. The price is definately a good one. I do like the addition of the studs. If I was going to try another kit, that would sure be worth the dough.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
+ 1...
I agree, does look nice. Price is great too.. ;)
My question is, what happened to swearing by malossi?.... :D :D
I about have the funds to redo mine now. Maybe i'll get enough b-day cash today to throw me over the top. ;).. It APPEARS to be like the kits carlos sells. I have seen that company with alot of stuff for the zx. ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Happy birthday batman, yeah, sure is a good price, I thought Jiangwayne were more expensive. At first, I also thought it looked like one from Carlos, but, I guess they all look thye same on the outside, after all, it is only cooling fins. Just curious, what about the mention of using your stock crank, then say you can use a stroker crank? Is there a compromise in the port heights? I guess 1.4mm is not a whole lot of difference and most of that can be taken up with a thicker gasket.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

thebatman

• View Profile
THANK YOU SID!!!!!!
The highlight was when my lil girl called me. ;) She said she had wanted to come to MY BirthDay party, since i come to hers. I about "broke down". :'(
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
what about the mention of using your stock crank, then say you can use a stroker crank? Is there a compromise in the port heights? I guess 1.4mm is not a whole lot of difference and most of that can be taken up with a thicker gasket.

Was that for me or z?. I would think that going from a 41.4 stroke to a 44(w/o having to machine the cases) would just flip the durations all upside down, then i'd end up with $200? in cyl. work, which wouldn't fly these days fund wise.
The one kit pc linked to said it needed a 50.2? crank to make it work but another he had didnt say that AND it was $10 cheaper. I would think maybe a 52.6+ crank with a 50mm kit. ;)  :D
The one Z picked says the stock crank. I would like a 44 crank tho. 8) just to get the extra 4cc. ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

bthmtech

• View Profile
 I like the looks of this kit , with the 2 ring piston and the stud kit will greatly improve longevity, and the price cant be beat you might want to check and see if you need to put two base gaskets for clearence , also what carb are you using and what exhaust , it sounds like I am coming in on this storey late but I had a zx50 that I modified very much, I only went to 70 cc but Igot my kit from moped hospital , I hope this works out for you   bryan

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Hey guys. I will stick thru this thread to let you know what I find w/ the kit. It is still in shipping from Taiwan. Wayne from Jiangwayne called me as in my order I asked for 2 xtra base gaskets, and 2 xtra head gaskets. He told me the jug is timing tested on a per unit basis for optimum breathing on a dio based case. (super fever). he also assured me the squish is set at 1mm, and using extra head gaskets will offset this, and lower compression. I don't know what the diff. is using the stroker, as I am fine w/ my stock crank. BUT I can tell you all that every piece is tested by them before they offer it as one of theirs. and the per piece quality control (timing) is enough for me to stay w/ them. The only problem I ever had w/ my cast iron Malossi is a box FULL of pistons. I melted 1 but the rest ALL broke at the boost passages in the back skirt of the piston. That is why I don't sweat finding pieces of piston in my pipe. I am still using the technigas rs2, ans have gone to a Dellorto PHBL 24mm. I will be using a Jiangwayne custom 28mm pipe after I install their jug. I just want to see how it acts w/ the rs first. I think w/ the smaller carb i will gain a little on the low end, and I HOPE i can still better 65mph. I am really trying to push the reliability up a notch. If anyone is interested in my Malossi kit(- piston) I do believe I can part w/ it. It has approx 30,000 miles, and a fresh new hone. The head is peppered w/ dings from piston pieces, but not enough to change anything.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()