Author Topic: any mod ideas??????????  (Read 3953 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: any mod ideas??????????
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 03:29:57 AM »
Ta Da! I'm gonna put my new standard answer... It's a cut paste deal. BUT Before that For ME: The reasons I tune are not to "gain 2-3mph" I tune because as Juice pointed out Kymco makes cookie cutter parts. MILLIONS of them. If you simply SPEC or BLUEPRINT an engine you will gain performance. The reason is tolerances. Say a cyl is .001 spec clearance... add 0005 variance, put in a piston with the same spec, and you are now at .002 or OUT of spec. by 001. JUST ONE example, and there is NO denying, or getting around it. I tune because I like the things I own to be the best it can be or I don't need it. So here is my cookie cutter answer...
Close your eyes, hold your breath, and jump in head first! Welcome to OUR world!
A few things to consider... How much do you like your scoot? Fits well, rides well, like the style? If yes to all... Is it just under powered for your needs? Tuning a BBK WILL take ALL your free time for several weeks. First finding the parts that will work, then finding the best price. Next comes learning all the "tricks" to preparing the raw parts for install. Now it's together... Getting the carb right for the new kit. That's done so you now have to tune the cvt to work with the carb. and BBK. If you are LUCKY that will be the end of it. BUT since you have learned Sooooo much about your scoot you may want to add a performance pipe. RE DO the carb to work w/ the pipe. RE DO the cvt to work w/ the new carb settings, and the pipe. Well yuo might as well do the air box now to really feel the new stuff. RE DO THE RE DO'S. Well now it runs better than any other scoot of it's type. Just noticed the OEM tires don't really hold that well... New set. Hmmm that rear shock feels "springy"... Where do you get those brighter headlights? Whats the best Ignition coil to use? Where the F' did my wife go?
If you have the time, and like tuning I say GO FOR IT!
You all will see this post again cause I'm copying it!

We can all help if you decide tuning is for you. Just taking the engine apart, and replacing out of spec OEM parts will give you a 4-5 mile boost if you know how to do it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 03:32:57 AM »
Wives don't tune up very well so in keeping with my philosophy, I am three times divorced, and still riding 50cc scoots.   I Know Right! Go Figure...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 07:23:42 AM »
TO GO A LITTLE FASTER i GOT A 300I DOWNTOWN IT IS A ALL AROUND FUN SCOOTER & YOU DONT HAVE TO MOD IT TO GO FAST 80 TO 90 MPH,. WHAT A BLAST  CANT WAIT FOR THE SNOW TO MELT,. RIDE SAFE EVERY ONE

warriorboxerdog

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 01:53:23 PM »
I own a super 8 2t kymco. I would gladly buy a bigger scooter but they dont make a 150cc 2t ecept for vespa or the next cloest thing the
just about any 4 stroke with a bigbore kit. I ordered a 70cc malossi bigbore kit for it and I think one its installed and tuned it will beat most carborated 125's and 150's. I also enjoy making my scooter look, sound and ride bad ass. I top out at about 45mph with the stock top endProper;y tuned I think it could hit 60mph

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 12:43:32 AM »
TO GO A LITTLE FASTER i GOT A 300I DOWNTOWN IT IS A ALL AROUND FUN SCOOTER & YOU DONT HAVE TO MOD IT TO GO FAST 80 TO 90 MPH,. WHAT A BLAST  CANT WAIT FOR THE SNOW TO MELT,. RIDE SAFE EVERY ONE

..that's it!!!

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()