Author Topic: any mod ideas??????????  (Read 3955 times)

kymcobob

• KYMCOBOB
  • new paint job
    • View Profile
any mod ideas??????????
« on: October 02, 2011, 07:04:09 PM »
any mod ideas for my vitality ????
KYMCOBOB   KYMCO VITALITY 2T   KYMCOBOB

Dale4

• View Profile
Re: any mod ideas??????????
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 06:02:24 PM »
Hi Bob  Any mod ideas?...just one...don't.  I bought my Agility 50 a year and a half ago and all I was concerned about was going a little faster. It already had smooth drive boss and cut CDI ( those are the only 2 I agree with ) I spent a lot of time and money to get a little more speed but nothing really made any difference. I wish I wouldn't have stressed so much and enjoyed what I had instead of constantly trying to gain an unreachable speed. 3 months ago I got my motorcycle license but I learned to enjoy my Agility 50 so I haven't bought a bigger scoot yet...and maybe I won't. I average 35-40 MPH and for what I need my scoot for it's just right. If you feel you need more speed then I suggest a bigger scoot...you will only aggravate yourself otherwise for maybe 2 more MPH.   Please consider this advice and I'm sure you'll do whats best for you.   Dale

porboy298

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 09:29:49 PM »
I'm with Dale. Bought two Agility 50's, a 06 and a 09. And my granddaughters and me have used them for 18 and 20 mos. Then bought a Grandvista 250 when I wanted more power and a road bike but, heck. Still use  one of the smaller scooters more.  Best to buy another bike when you want more speed. Spend the money and time on another scooter. For me around my small town 35 to 40 does everything I need. Plus so much lighter and easier to ride.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:31:32 PM by porboy298 »

CONLEY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 12:43:10 AM »
i have a 08 agility 50 if your looking for a big gane in speed do what i did 150 swap. if your up for the challange that is its alot of work but very worth it i drive mine everywhere 65 is my top speed i have many mods to the new engine 180 bbk racing cdi exhaust jetted the carb uni filter racing cam and cylinder head sounds nice but not much different than the 150

roboscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 04:26:21 AM »
i couldn't agree with dale and poorboy enough...i will take a risk here at the risk of offending some of our 50cc brethren....i know the 50s are fun and in many places fit a niche to avoid having to get a real motorcycle license....but i got to tell you  i am simply amazed at the amount of chatter and number of postings initiated (here and on other boards i participate in)....attempting to mod and especially de-restrict,,,,,these scooters....

people will actually spend hundreds of dollars in some cases and a lot of time just to pick up a few more miles per hour....or to eek out another 2-4 miles per gallon...i just don't get it......simply put if the scooter is not fast enough for you save up your money and buy something bigger!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 04:41:04 AM »
I guess that depends on whether you want to go faster or make what you have go faster. There is a fun side to it too.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

CONLEY

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 12:48:25 PM »
i have really enjoyed modding my scoot even when it was a 50 cc but if you want real gains the 150 swap is the best having all that power on such a little scoot is so much fun especally the wheelies lol

jas67

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 02:22:12 PM »
There are a lot of 125cc-150cc scoots that don't weigh much more than a 50cc.    I occasionally see Agility 125's being sold with low kms/miles for under $1,000.    It would probably be cheaper to sell your 50 and buy a used 125 than to mod the 50, and you'll end up with a faster AND more reliable scoot.

If you're trying to avoid having to get a motorcycle endorsement, then you shouldn't be going faster anyway.     Learn the material, get your permit, and take the MSF Basic Rider's course.   It'll make you a better and safer rider, thus making it more likely you'll be around to enjoy your faster scooter for years to come.

Otherwise, the best way to go fast on a 50 is a 2 stroke model that has been derestricted, has a set of Dr. Pulley weights, and a tuned pipe.   Again -- this will all cost you more in the long run than a 125 or 150 stock.

Just my humble opinion.

Good luck, and RIDE SAFE!
Jay
2007 People S 250
2009 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 03:21:03 PM »
JAS67 IS RIGHT.  Particularly the part about the MSF Basic Rider's course.  You learn, I feel safer.  I know we all feel that we are the best riders in the world.  But even the  best can get safer.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

hzelaya

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 06:07:48 PM »
What about cylinder kits? Aren't they a good upgrade without damaging the engine?

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 06:36:32 PM »
Please put a cylinder kit on your new kymco , even though kymco has been engineering scooters since 1970 they still havent't figured out how to match engines , brakes , suspensions etc. to build a reliable balanced and safe scooter . Soooo all after market parts are vastly superior and will perform better and last longer than the stock parts . Good luck . By the way I am being facetious lol .
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 07:03:48 PM by juice »

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 07:45:15 PM »
Nope, kymco scooters are the best, there are none better. all these brand name ones wre just wannabe's....
Oh my, your facetiousness is infectuous. ;)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 09:02:51 PM »
Sorry I didn't mean to be kymco exclusive . Im sure a cheap ebay cylinder kit would improve the performance and reliability of any brand of scooter or motorcycle . Thanks .

BikerDude

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 01:09:55 AM »
...so it is utterly pointless paying 15x normal price for custom parts?  ;D ;D

Plnwfyr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 01:52:43 AM »
I just picked up a Vitality, from my step kid, for $100 so I too am interested in some simple mods to up the speed.  I'll be driving it 25 miles to work this summer.  Yes I do know I'm crazy, but being a firefighter for 18 years...... well it's a prerequisite.  So anything to make the trip a little faster is appreciated.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()