Author Topic: belt size chart  (Read 9269 times)

woodcutter

• View Profile
Re: belt size chart
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2011, 07:54:34 PM »
streido, have you purchased your belt and what size?
I found bando 737x18, 6g rollers and 1000 rpm torque to be the most efficient to me. there,s a slight flat spot, barely notable but no problems.
and 17.7 mm is stock width, so if you buy 18 mm it does not make a difference.
also I checked clutch pulleys and it seems belt is not supposed to go to the lowest point an all. I haven,t measured it(used marker to be sure)but I gess its about 1 cm wide at the base , maybe a little bit more

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2011, 08:05:42 PM »
My belts on order, hope to get it delivered by tomorrow or sat  ;D

Ordered a Malossi 736x17 (or maybe it was 17.5) whatever it was it is listed as suitable for an Agility 50 so hopefully its ok. Got it at a good price so see how it goes.

1 i got from work was no use, didnt even fit it as it looked sh** quality. Will let you know how it works. I already got a 1000rpm spring fitted and have a.few different weight sets in my garage that i can try out to get the set up right.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2011, 02:30:28 PM »
Got belt today, this is the one i got http://scooterbits.co.uk/product/Malossi_Kevlar_Belt_9/

When i measured it it seemed shorter than the 736mm length it is meant to be?!?!? It seemed around 725-730mm near enough stock length when i roughly compared them side by side, so i was going to send it back. Already had my scoot stripped down and old belt was off so i decided to try it in anyway just to see how it ran.

Sounded a bit rough on centre stand but thought maybe just needs ran in a bit. Left 5.5g rollers in ao i could tell how it was compared to my old belt, didnt want to start changing other stuff so if it wasnt right i knew it was 100% the new belt as nothing else had changed.

Just been out for a quick test run on my usual test route of flats and hills. Feels better now after a couple of miles of running in. Similair or maybe even a little better 0-40mph, maybe slight improvement uphill of 1-2mph, but when i hit one of my fave downhills i got it up to 50mph, almost hit the H on the mph on the gauge  ;D Wooohooo!!!

Previously the fastest i ever got was 47-48mph or about 75km/h on this hill using the 5.5g rollers, had hit 50mph (just) on 7.5g rollers ages ago but it was a dog uphill on the heavy weights.

Had to cut my ride short as it started raining and i went out with no waterproofs on so going to go back out tomorrow or sunday if its dry and do a gps speed on it. Usually i lose a couple of mph in the wet or damp weather, dont know why i just do, so i may even get faster again once its dry!

I love it. I am one happy bunny. Let you know how it goes when i get back out again, rain rain go away so me and my scoot can go out to play  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2011, 03:27:30 PM »
when I first test drove my scoot on 748 belt, got this huge wooow... factor  ;D
at first I couldn't believe what difference it made but started to enjoy my new top speed, so, on new longer(propper fit) belt, heavier rollers and right setup , 55+ mph speeds are true.
you'll see  :)

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2011, 03:48:42 PM »
I put some marks on the variator so i will maybe open it up on sunday and see its going ro the top properly. I am happy with 50-50+ tho i was smiling all the way down hill :D

I cant believe the difference a new proper sized belt makes.

so why did you swap the 748 for a 737? Or are you still on a 748 belt now? Mine is listed as a 736x17x30, might even buy a 743 or 748 to try out next month if i have some spare cash.

Defo 50-50+ is easily achievable on a 50cc A50 without the big bore kit if its set up right. Will try get a speedo photo if im out Sunday to prove to any doubters as i know there are some. I was skeptical of getting a useable scoot doing 50+ now i am not. It behaves well at low soeeds, acceleration and too speed now so i wont mess much more with it............. for a while anyway  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2011, 04:10:17 PM »
I got me a full motorcycle licence and cos I like scooters bought a new kymco downtown 125i.
so it's my daily driver and use it for trips because of more power(80 mph), comfort and elements protection.

still keeping agility and I like it very much. using it occasionaly and playing with tuning.
I installed malossi multivar and 748 but a friend of mine got himself ag50, after driving mine and realizing price/quality ratio  :D
so I gave him multivar and belt and got back to stock variator.
740 is damaged due to poor quality or I had a dodgy one, so it's a spare one in sort of way.
Had a used(though in good condition) belt of my brother's sym jet euro x50-  737x18, decided to try it on ag and liked it so bought a same new one and using it.
and got a new bando 729x18 'cos I had to try it.
Now swapping between these two but I'm on a 737 most of the time(50+ mph)  ;D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:14:00 PM by woodcutter »

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2011, 04:21:51 PM »
Cool. I plan on doing my bike test after winter, maybe spring if i can afford it. Till then im stuck on my A50 but im pretty happy with it, especially now i got it tuned nice. Will maybe get an old vespa i think prob 125 or maybe a 200 if i can find one but plan on keeping my Agility anyway. My son hasjust turned 14 and he wants it when he is 16 and leval to ride it. Besides its fun messing with it and once its not my daily ride i can go mental on it  ;D

My target was to get it off the numbers on the gauge on a regular basis so looks like i may be just about there, maybe a tweak here and there is still needed but nit much if anything. Want a Leo Vince and poss an open air filter and 88 jet but other than that i wont be doing much more really, maybe just some cosmetic stuff.

Will get a better idea on the improvements of the new belt on Monday when i ride my usual route to work.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2011, 04:30:58 PM »
vespa's are nice scoots and I like them but I'm a little too rough for these refined wheels full of character  :D

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2011, 04:39:35 PM »
almost forgot
comparing two belts next to each other don't do the justice.only tape measuring or wrapping around a piece of rope, than measuring it.
when I compared new 737 and original 729 it looked like 737 was even shorter than the original  ::)
and it wasn't.

and listen for odd sounds from your variator while on idle. some squeaking noise or strange sounds suggests that belt don't fit well or is installed in opposite rotation direction, but after about 50km driven on belt(running in).
it should be smooth and as silent as possible and you have no problems.

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2011, 04:47:08 PM »
Have you seen the new kymco sento just launched it looks very much like a vespa and is available in 50/100cc dont confuse with last years model which looks similar to the sym mio which looks more for girls, its on kymco EU but the site is down at the moment if it comes out in the uk i will be getting one.....
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2011, 05:32:20 PM »
Saw the Sento Kisbee but for me there are only 2 brands of real scooters, Vespa or Lambretta  :)

If you want a quality well made car you go German, for a quality well built scoot i say you go Italian. There are. loads of retro look scoots about but i dont really like many of them, prefer the clasics myself. My bro-in-law and his mates are all classic scooter nuts and re kon they can sort me out with a decent one for around £500-£600 so i will prob go with that idea. Thats what i lusted over as a kid so now i can ride one thats what i want  :D

Lambretta have started importing to the UK again with a new model just out, its pricey but looks pretty cool, heres a link
http://www.scootercentral.co.uk/products.asp?ProdID=366

Chaos is my co-pilot.

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2011, 08:50:30 PM »
I do like the look of them new lambretta's i was looking at a new vespa at my kymco dealer's not bad at just over £2000 but my dealer put me off when he told me they are now manufactured in china after all the problems i had with my chinese built peugeot. i guess thats why there only just over £2000 pounds cheap labour etc, are lambretta still made in the eu....
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2011, 10:05:40 PM »
Think the lambretta is assembled in Taiwan but it gets pretty good reviews, http://www.twistngo.com/news/scooter-review-lambretta-ln125

I want a geared scooter like a classic vespa or Lambretta but prob end up with a vespa since the old lambrettas cost a bomb.

Think this new one is a bit expensive too. For that price i would rather buy a classic 60's or 70's scoot. Just like the fact they're not all plastic like the modern scoots.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2011, 12:02:28 PM »
 some squeaking noise or strange sounds suggests that belt don't fit well or is installed in opposite rotation direction,
[/quote]

I didnt know that belts could only go on on one direction Wood utter? How do i know which was is correct? I dont remember ever seeing any arrow marks or anything? is it just certain belts or all belfs?

Mine seems ok now but going to go out and give it a blast to try it out again.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

jezyg

• Agility 50 2011 and SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
    • View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2011, 08:44:58 PM »
Saw the Sento Kisbee but for me there are only 2 brands of real scooters, Vespa or Lambretta  :)

If you want a quality well made car you go German, for a quality well built scoot i say you go Italian. There are. loads of retro look scoots about but i dont really like many of them, prefer the clasics myself. My bro-in-law and his mates are all classic scooter nuts and re kon they can sort me out with a decent one for around £500-£600 so i will prob go with that idea. Thats what i lusted over as a kid so now i can ride one thats what i want  :D

Lambretta have started importing to the UK again with a new model just out, its pricey but looks pretty cool, heres a link
http://www.scootercentral.co.uk/products.asp?ProdID=366

Quite tempted by an Aprillia SR 50 Factory next time around. But for what I paid brand new for my AG50 is pretty much spot on de-restricted acceleration is better than most other 50's, took it on a 40mph road last week and it really did do 42mph GPS Kymco's quoted max speed stock. Engine still has some running in to do but never felt "I really needed" more power on the 30mph route to work. Could quite easily go for a Super 8.
2011 Agility 50
2011 SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Policebooks

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()